Improvements to career mode

Hello dear community,

As kerbal being mostly a sandbox game, i believe the career mode should be improved much more (although i think it is still good at current state). I am more of a progress type of player and i believe there are a lot more like me. 

The lack of achievments in the career mode bothers me. Ofcourse the satisfaction of landing on an interplanet etc. is great on its own, but the lack of reward after a great misson is something to be worked on. 

Here are my suggestions;

1. Funds are pointless after some point. After completing some big contracts with efficient spacecrafts like interplanet explore, and you reach lets say 3m funds, you pretty much wont run out of money unless you have a fantasy of crashing all your vessels into somewhere without any reason. 

Solution: Periodic astronaut/engineer/scientist applications to your facility when you reach certain reputation tresholds; whom are higher level, have specific skills but require HIGH salary. Specific skills might be for example a pilot specialized landing, ascending(more efficient launch), interplanet node master etc.

2. Science tree being the only progress. 

Solution: Some exoplanets can be added but locked at first. A requirement of a small tracking station should be landed on a moon or another planet to track them. Because we dont have enough technology to observe outermost planets or the alignment of planets do not allow us to observe them(this sounds dumb i know), we need to set up an observatory on another planet or moon to serve as a bridge and gather more information before planning a trip there. After we have done it, more planets unlock. 

So far i have came up with these ideas. I would appriciate any type of comment, suggestion or criticism.

Happy monday if you can call a monday happy :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.