Any rowers?

Tim_Barrett

What is the guy who yells 'row' and steers the boat called? I think that would be a tough job

A cox. And they don\'t say 'row' for every stroke, but they do strain themselves to get the boat to give it it\'s all.

Another note, I have not met one male cox.

A cox. And they don\'t say 'row' for every stroke, but they do strain themselves to get the boat to give it it\'s all.

Another note, I have not met one male cox.

...Is...that a pun?...

And also it seems like it would be more weight/energy efficient if the cox were to be rowing, maybe not as intensive as the others, as well.

...Is...that a pun?...

And also it seems like it would be more weight/energy efficient if the cox were to be rowing, maybe not as intensive as the others, as well.

That\'s why I said I have never seen a guy cox a boat. They are too heavy and too big to fit in the seat. You want the least amount of dead weight possible.

And they would be ejected from the seat if they tried rowing, since their stroke would be so much shorter than everyone else\'s.

My friend John is a cox(-swain, if I remember the full term correctly), although he\'s admittedly kinda skinny, He probably weighs less than a lot of the girls I know, and the girls aren\'t exactly obese.

I have a row boat, but its not a racer by any means. It\'s still good for bombing around the cove in, normally with a friend or taking the dogs out. Pity you can\'t get a movable seat in a pleasure rowboat though, since that would make the rowing go a bit easier.

I have a row boat, but its not a racer by any means. It\'s still good for bombing around the cove in, normally with a friend or taking the dogs out. Pity you can\'t get a movable seat in a pleasure rowboat though, since that would make the rowing go a bit easier.

I know... I can\'t see how people row without their legs. So inefficient!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.