Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

I'm having the same problem as my friend over there. And i installed my plugins correctly. I install ANY OTHER mod, may it be parts or plugins, ANYTHING, the parts simply stop glowing. That's very annoying

Could you do a test for me and check if the plane engines are glowing for you?

I made a plane which flies with ion engine, and can refuel itself by solar panels)

it_flies.jpg

i whas inspider by croshunter plane.

screenshot101-1.png

it flys at 2 mph but it will just keep going. i love this mod im just going to have to put a satalit in the red planits orbit naw. thanks for all the hard werk 9/10.

Oh-Kay...

I know why my parts weren't glowing...

It was the Zoxygene mod. Sorry about me complaining like hell here.

I occupied like, 1/6 of the post XD

EDIT: Heck! If you try to edit any part of the game, not yours, the parts stop glowing again! :@

Edited by Andrezado

Kethane...love the concept...not so sure about the name, I'm not a big fan of the "add a K" thing. But it's only a name. I see real potential in this idea. Currently we have too many half-compatible energy/life support options and it's frustrating to get any of them to work together. None of them do all of the job.

If you integrated a plugin with energy generation, (fuel cells, solar), propulsion (rocket fuel, vehicle fuel, ion engine fuel) and life support (air, food) using a single plugin, you'd have major WIN.

Very exciting idea!

Oh-Kay...

I know why my parts weren't glowing...

It was the Zoxygene mod. Sorry about me complaining like hell here.

I occupied like, 1/6 of the post XD

EDIT: Heck! If you try to edit any part of the game, not yours, the parts stop glowing again! :@

Still good to know what is happening, it is extremely akward. I'm still looking into it.

Kethane...love the concept...not so sure about the name, I'm not a big fan of the "add a K" thing. But it's only a name. I see real potential in this idea. Currently we have too many half-compatible energy/life support options and it's frustrating to get any of them to work together. None of them do all of the job.

If you integrated a plugin with energy generation, (fuel cells, solar), propulsion (rocket fuel, vehicle fuel, ion engine fuel) and life support (air, food) using a single plugin, you'd have major WIN.

Very exciting idea!

I'm no plugin developer and I'm not looking at creating my own energy plugin. I also yelled at some of those energy plugin creators and they are working on it.

Kethane plugin is coming along togheter pretty nicely.

We have also decided that Kethane will be an fuel that you can use for your spacecraft. It will have its own features and will have a noticeable difference compared to liquid fuel.

Plugin will be also build on partmodules & partresource which gives us the ability to make in the future a Pod with internal RCS system.

Upcomming version 1.0 will contain:

- New Larger solar panel

- Small Liquid Engine

- Small Liquid Fuel Hull

- RetroThrusters

- Landing Legs

- New Hull

- Camara/Sensor

Changes:

- Everything is balanced and made heavier

- Batteries are a lot more heavy but doubled capacity

- Solar Panels have a slight better recharge rate

- Improved Textures

Upcomming version 1.0 will contain:

- New Larger solar panel

- Small Liquid Engine

- Small Liquid Fuel Hull

- RetroThrusters

- Landing Legs

- New Hull

- Camara/Sensor

Changes:

- Improved Textures

Woohoo. :D

Also, camera* :)

Hey guys, i so totaly love your mod. Atm i have a project, designing a micro satelit for extrem low mun orbit, and your new ion-engine seems to fit perfectly, except its way to big. i hopelessly tried to open your files, but after more then 4 hours of searching how to open or reimport from.mu files yesterday, i gave up the idea.

So my question is, would you like to reedit your ion-engine to be smaler or equal than 0.5 m in diameter, also weaker in propulsion and wight. my micro satelites would be so thankfull...

Hey guys, i so totaly love your mod. Atm i have a project, designing a micro satelit for extrem low mun orbit, and your new ion-engine seems to fit perfectly, except its way to big. i hopelessly tried to open your files, but after more then 4 hours of searching how to open or reimport from.mu files yesterday, i gave up the idea.

So my question is, would you like to reedit your ion-engine to be smaler or equal than 0.5 m in diameter, also weaker in propulsion and wight. my micro satelites would be so thankfull...

Hey nacoleptic,

You can't import .mu files, only export them.

I'm personally also not going to make my ion engine smaller. My pack isn't probophone and vise-versa. Neither am I going to change stats as they are based on proper balancing. Sorry to disapoint you on that front, but I can't make everybody happy.

If you want to rescale them then put the following in the .cfg file.

rescaleFactor = 0.5

This will put them half size compared to the original.

Dani - I just noticed your hulls have the highest impact tolerance out of all the stocks and mod parts. That might be intentional or not, but means they don't explode on impact (after a failed launch) and I have to constantly switch to them and 'end flight'. I've edited my cfg file but might be handy to edit your cfg in the next release. :)

Dani - I just noticed your hulls have the highest impact tolerance out of all the stocks and mod parts. That might be intentional or not, but means they don't explode on impact (after a failed launch) and I have to constantly switch to them and 'end flight'. I've edited my cfg file but might be handy to edit your cfg in the next release. :)

Thats being fixed already with upcomming version.

Newest Version Is out, slight changes what I'm releasing.

Whats New?

- Small Liquid Engine

- Small Liquid Fuel Hull

- RetroThrusters

- Landing Legs

Changes:

Hi There, i'm the new tester/balancer for this mod :D

For everyone that doesnt see the glow effects on the parts, try turning off fallback part shaders in the game settings menu(it needs a game restart to take effect).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.