A bigger wing and attachment points

Hi everyone !

i was building some cargo planes and A380 like planes, and I realized that the biggest wing we have isn't that big when it comes to build such large aircrafts, and I must clip two big wings to make my plane looks coherent.

What I'd like to see, (it's kind of a dream..) is a bigger wing, maybe that looks like the A380 one, you know a little bit curved ! I know that there're some mods that contains such big wings, but I'm a stock lover, and my computer doesn't like the mods :P.

Another thing: Wouldn't it be possible to add attachments points to the big wing already existing ? Because everytime I place the goliath engines, the placement is very messy...

I know those propositions are details, and I'm almost sure that the bigger wing will never exist haha, but I think that as the game is improving in term of performance, people will start to build bigger planes (and aircrafts in general), and maybe a bigger wing will be cool to have !

Have a nice day !

(and sorry if my english is strange or anything else, I'm french.. )

9 hours ago, Amavios said:

Procedural ones with a size limit could be very cool, without denaturing the game

I have never been a fan of procedural wings. I kind of like the Lego-style wings, it's just a shame that we've only got tiny wing parts which are suitable for Mk2, but not for Mk3 aircraft.

22 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

I have never been a fan of procedural wings. I kind of like the Lego-style wings, it's just a shame that we've only got tiny wing parts which are suitable for Mk2, but not for Mk3 aircraft.

Same here, I like building them with pieces.  One of the reasons I'm looking forward to part performance in 1.1.  Whether you like the lego-style or the procedural, I think most of us can agree the pre-built ones were a complete departure from KSP design and while not completely awful are very limited in general (sorry PorkJet, they are pretty, but...)

Edited by Alshain

LEGO wings (and other parts) would greatly benefit from an intermediate step: the possibility to create a LEGO assembly that is treated as a single part. Building a wing from more than three segments is pretty much prohibited by the current physics implementation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.