My First Attempts at Fighters

American Fighters

Hello everyone, I spent a few hours last night constructing three American fighter planes: an F-15, F-16, and an F/A-18.

They are far from done, but I feel confident enough to share them with you all. As you may notice, the Hornet has procedural wings. I didn't think of using those wings until it was about 1 am and I was ready for sleep.

*Planned improvements:

1.) Going to smooth out some of the rougher lines.

2.) Change all the wings to procedural wings.

3.) Figure out hard point placement for BD Armory.

*Update No. 1*

http://imgur.com/gallery/E6caP

Updated my F/A-18 to make it more streamlined and true to form. Instead of trying to fix the existing Hornet, I scrapped it and started a new aircraft entirely. To compensate for it's relative instability, I increased the overall length of the body, size of the wings/control surfaces, and shifted the CoM slightly forward if the CoL by the way of fuel distribution. Basically, it's now a Super Hornet Next, I'll be updating my F-16.

Edited by Mr. Feather34
Updating the Hornet.

33 minutes ago, YoeriCookie said:

I'd like to see the pictures when they're fixed

They are working now. Still new to the threads and imgur.

43 minutes ago, Amavios said:

Hi ! We can't see your photos,  what did you use ?

I used mostly stock parts. The Mk.1/2 parts are just reskinned versions of the standard parts. The only true "non stock parts" are the control surfaces, engines, nose, and landing gears.

Take a look at my thread real quick, it would give you an idea as to what you can do with this thread. Make craft, upload them, and then every 3-4 new craft on your thread, bump it, however, if you are going to bump it after every new craft, people may get annoyed (some people started posting angry comments on a really old thread of mine when I bumped it three days in a row with updates).

My thread is in my signature, the craft link.

Edited by He_162

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.