All existing vessels non-functional

After updating to 1.1 and reloading my Save, all vessels I attempt to 'fly' suddenly are uncontrollable, show a message about SAS being disengaged, and all engines/motors display a plume of exhaust (but the craft isn't moving).  Can't maneuver the ships at all.  Also, all saved vessels I load in the VAB show the exhaust plumes from every engine/motor (while still in VAB!).  The game is completely unplayable given this.

I'm using very few mods and, in fact, none of them are 'part mods' nor any other graphic-changing mods (mainly contract-adding mods).  I do have MechJeb installed but I doubt that's related, and of all the mods I do have (7 or 8) CKAN says they're all valid for KSP 1.1.

Has anyone else experienced what I described?  If so, what can I possibly do about it?  Thanks!

On 4/21/2016 at 0:08 PM, Axolotl399 said:

After updating to 1.1 and reloading my Save, all vessels I attempt to 'fly' suddenly are uncontrollable, show a message about SAS being disengaged, and all engines/motors display a plume of exhaust (but the craft isn't moving).  Can't maneuver the ships at all.  Also, all saved vessels I load in the VAB show the exhaust plumes from every engine/motor (while still in VAB!).  The game is completely unplayable given this.

I'm using very few mods and, in fact, none of them are 'part mods' nor any other graphic-changing mods (mainly contract-adding mods).  I do have MechJeb installed but I doubt that's related, and of all the mods I do have (7 or 8) CKAN says they're all valid for KSP 1.1.

Has anyone else experienced what I described?  If so, what can I possibly do about it?  Thanks!

I have this too. You might have Smokescreen installed and that is claimed to be 1.1 updated but it is not. If your crafts have custom engine effects they will go bonkers inside the VAB and also they might not fire real thrust on the pad.  This should be addressed due to many mods using moduleEnginesFX and this gets effected. What parts packs do you have?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.