Maneuver Nodes Disappear on Mouse Click

KSP version 1.1

OS X 10.11.4

iMac 27" Late 2012

3.4GHz Core i7

32GB DDR3-1600 RAM

GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB

Sometimes, and I'm not sure what causes it, the maneuver node I create is instantly deleted when I click the mouse afterwards. I can right-click to create a maneuver node, use the widgets to set up the maneuver, and then when I click anywhere on the screen, the maneuver node is deleted. Something that might be important: the little maneuver bar to the right of the NavBall shows the green bar, but no red X icon or text.

11 hours ago, andrewaltogether said:

KSP version 1.1

OS X 10.11.4

iMac 27" Late 2012

3.4GHz Core i7

32GB DDR3-1600 RAM

GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB

Sometimes, and I'm not sure what causes it, the maneuver node I create is instantly deleted when I click the mouse afterwards. I can right-click to create a maneuver node, use the widgets to set up the maneuver, and then when I click anywhere on the screen, the maneuver node is deleted. Something that might be important: the little maneuver bar to the right of the NavBall shows the green bar, but no red X icon or text.

I've got this exact same issue but mine is a modded install.

I can create the node, no problem, I can drag the node handles (but only one) but as soon as I release the mouse button, the node disappears. I can use the middle scroll button on the handles to get an incremental sizing of the node trajectory but when I move the mouse away from the node to zoom the screen out with the scroll button, it doesn't work. It's as if the node is a separate "window" as it were. So I have to click on the screen awaf from the node to regain the ability to zoom out the view, but as soon as I do that the node disappears.

yes, this happens with some regularity and it's highly annoying.

What I did notice is that MechJeb seems to still see it (if you create another node you now get the "execute all nodes" and "delete all nodes" buttons, but PreciseNode does not see it.

A word of warning too: it CAN make the vessel you're working with disappear as well. I was flying a station to put around Eve and had this happen while fine tuning the approach to the planet. This bug hit, I went back to space center view (which tends to fix it) and when I tried to select the vessel again in the tracking station it was gone, complete with its crew of two intrepid explorers. The game had for whatever reason deleted my station without a trace.

YES, I have this too on windows, 64 bit version. It's so incredibly annoying x.X

I only have 2 mods installed, MechJeb and WayPoint Manager (havn't even touched Mechjeb yet, but I make regular use of WayPoint manager)

Edited by grimper12341

Same here on Win10 64 bit. It really happens often and reloading the scene is a rather annoying "workaround". I use a couple of mods (some affecting the nodes) but it seems to happen in vanilla, as well.  The bug is already listed here:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8212

I really hope that this one gets a fix, soon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.