Realism Overhaul Playthrough

rsparkyc

Recorded my first session in 1.1.2 the other night, but found a few bugs in the end, so didn't actually get to launch.  However, I think those bugs have been resolved now, and I'll see what I can do to at least put together and episode showing what's next in our series (even if we don't get to fly).

• 2 weeks later...

Nice series. Keep it up! :)

One little hint: you were worried about the dV lost due to adding struts to your top stage / fairing base connection. IIRC if you attach the first connection of the strut to the fairing base and then connect it to the satellite from there, its weight is added to the lifters top stage and not to the payload. Given the much higher mass of the lifters top stage, the minor weight addition does not make much of a difference in terms of dV this way, compared to putting it on the light satellite.

Edited by TrooperCooper

9 hours ago, TrooperCooper said:

Nice series. Keep it up! :)

One little hint: you were worried about the dV lost due to adding struts to your top stage / fairing base connection. IIRC if you attach the first connection of the strut to the fairing base and then connect it to the satellite from there, its weight is added to the lifters top stage and not to the payload. Given the much higher mass of the lifters top stage, the minor weight addition does not make much of a difference in terms of dV this way, compared to putting it on the light satellite.

Awesome, I'll have to try that out.  Thanks!

So i'm thinking about trying out a live stream format.  I just got my encoder setup.  Thoughts?  It would mean that there would probably be intervals where I'm not saying much, and I wouldn't be able to skip scene transitions.

Eh. Honestly, I like the Youtube format you've got going a little better. One of the problems with live streaming is that you have to be online to catch it, and I'm not online most of the time. I like youtube because it allows me to watch your videos on my own schedule.

Also, I think you might be interested in this: 

It's a second-stage autopilot, which allows you to hit parking orbits very precisely. The first stage's pitch program needs to be a pitch-time table to follow the prograde marker, so @Reddy used MATLAB, IIRC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.