Career contract not showing it's orbit goal(64-bit)

So I started a new game, unmodded of course.

Wanted to farm money by sending out probes, but I am missing the orbit goal I need to get to.

To make things more clear, I made a screenshot from the tracking station and the contract.

Restarting the game doesn't fix it somehow, and I have no clue if there are other ways without having to modify the files.

Kind Regards,

ICheesef3v3r

474AACEA89A84C918A9825F1C5C9D8331503F82F

That is certainly strange. Is it just that specific save or does it happen in other saves?

Also, if it's a steam download, try doing a cache verification (right click the game title in library, properties > Local Files tab > verify integrity of game cache).

editwhiletyping: Try pressing F4? No idea whether that hides the contract orbits or not, just a thought I just had.

13 minutes ago, smjjames said:

That is certainly strange. Is it just that specific save or does it happen in other saves?

Also, if it's a steam download, try doing a cache verification (right click the game title in library, properties > Local Files tab > verify integrity of game cache).

editwhiletyping: Try pressing F4? No idea whether that hides the contract orbits or not, just a thought I just had.

It happens in the other saves as well.

integrity of game cache validated all nominal.

As for F4, it hasn't to do anything with it, tested and I just accepted 2 orbit contracts.

Only 1 has shown up, but has already been completed when that screenshot was taken. I actually hoped it would update the orbits.

I have had this issue twice. The point is that if you look at the "Argument of Periapsis" on the contract, it will show as NaN (an error) in the little contract window. In Mission Control, it shows as "undefined".

They forgot to check for this special case when displaying orbits. So every time it tries to display the orbit (from map view or the Tracking Station), you get an "E is Nan!" error in the output logs.

-- BE CAREFUL if you have limited disk space, because this error can easily spam 250 Mb into your output_log.txt file.

I only have one example to go by, so far, of completing the contract. Just putting a satellite into any old orbit with the correct Pe and Ap (I needed to get within 20 km) and 0 degrees inclination successfully completed the contract for me, and stopped the error messages.

If you check this out and what I said is correct, and you have a bugtracker account -- then if you would please "confirm" my bug report on the issue:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9651

21 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Hi @ICheesef3v3r, can you post the logs and save file please, you can find info on doing this in the "Need support" sticky thread.

Here's the dropbox link as requested.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f1qv53w2rbg1vhc/AADc6jmHIQDfZFH0GpVhyscna?dl=0

21 minutes ago, bewing said:

I have had this issue twice. The point is that if you look at the "Argument of Periapsis" on the contract, it will show as NaN (an error) in the little contract window. In Mission Control, it shows as "undefined".

They forgot to check for this special case when displaying orbits. So every time it tries to display the orbit (from map view or the Tracking Station), you get an "E is Nan!" error in the output logs.

-- BE CAREFUL if you have limited disk space, because this error can easily spam 250 Mb into your output_log.txt file.

I only have one example to go by, so far, of completing the contract. Just putting a satellite into any old orbit with the correct Pe and Ap (I needed to get within 20 km) and 0 degrees inclination successfully completed the contract for me, and stopped the error messages.

If you check this out and what I said is correct, and you have a bugtracker account -- then if you would please "confirm" my bug report on the issue:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9651

So far I could see in the logs, I got E is NaN in the beginning of the game, when the contract wasn't there yet.

As for in-game, not a single image has shown E is NaN.

I'm going to try and reinstall the game.

Maybe there's an corruption that steam doesn't detect and I still got the save on dropbox.

I will return with a new post if there isn't a new reply, else I will edit this one if it got fixed or not.

-------------

Reinstall didn't work.

But something new popped up on the contract after reinstalling.

Here it is.

CD8A18F52C989D071D91A12EA3DF3E3099C68B87

Edited by ICheesef3v3r

I am surprised you aren't getting the spam message then. It looks exactly like I thought. As I said above, to complete the contract just get your satellite to have the right Pe and Ap -- you can use Mun as a target to verify that your An/Dn are less than 1.

I am having the same problem with not showing the contracts in my game that started in 1.1.  I took a contract and didn't see the target orbit.  I got a NaN for one of the parameters (not sure which one.)  Got offered another contract and the target orbit didn't show up. The new contract had a Long of Ascending Node as undefined and Argument of Periapsis as Nan

I've tried running both 64 and 32-bit version and restarted the game. I haven't tried reinstalling.

Edited by strollen

5 hours ago, bewing said:

I am surprised you aren't getting the spam message then. It looks exactly like I thought. As I said above, to complete the contract just get your satellite to have the right Pe and Ap -- you can use Mun as a target to verify that your An/Dn are less than 1.

I will take the risk, at least my tracking station got upgraded

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.