MechJeb2 - landing autopilot problem!

Hi,

Everything started when version MechJeb2-2.5.6.0-575 came out (MechJeb2-2.5.6.0-574 was ok).

The problem is following:

When you turn on the landing autopilot and the vessel approaches the ground it starts to deccelerate. The problem is that the braking maneouver is not SMOOTH like in the previous versions. The engine throttle starts to go up and down so in result the vessel is being stopped 3-4 meters above the ground and it stays like that with the engine turned on until it runs out of fuel.

In the previous versions, when I was using the landing autopilot, the vessel was very gently touching the ground and the throttle was very smooth.

It happens no matter I set the touchdown speed to 0.5 m/s or  to 1 m/s or higher.

Do you guys have the same problem with all builds above 575?

Regards,

Damian

I Just went and tried the auto landing thing on MJ and indeed HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH the engines go crazy as hell. 

Mine wasn't as bad, as i had a heavier lander and more powerful engine, so it wasn't throttling all the way up like that but yet, that throttle aint smooth and in some cases my altitude increases on the auto landing HA useless. 

Works better when landing from orbit. 

Yep, I've got problems with the landing guidance too, it will do the retro burn but then goes to 5x timewarp to down to 1x back and forth, then it completely misses the target. Its sometimes off by 10km or more! Then when it gets about 5m above the ground it just fires its engines on and off and never lands, its infuriating!

Yeah, it's bouncy for those last couple of meters for sure. I just kill the autoland when it starts to do that, or take over myself.

On 5/13/2016 at 10:41 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Can confirm that the recent updates to Landing Guidance have seriously screwed it up. Accuracy is also down the tubes, with landings better aimed by hand and autopilot initiated fairly close to the target.

I haven't noticed any accuracy problem, though. I put a lander to within a few meters of a station I had selected as target.

Yeah I haven't noticed anything like that. It will flicker based on terrain though, as the changing projected flight path intersects with uneven ground. Has to be pretty rough ground tho. But it's always done that.

Edited by DChurchill

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.