1.1.2 - 32 bit / 64 bits

Kar

Hi all!

I have been with my internet down for a while. So I cannot update my ksp.

Today I got my hands on a computers friend and log into my steam account to download ksp. I was crazy waiting for the update.

Since my friend only got a old 32 bit PC, with 2mb ram, I did not even bother to play.

I got the game, test it and its working, so I just copy ksp to a usb pen to play latter at my own pc.

Heres the thing: (warning noob question lol)

How do I know if ksp is running 32bits or 64 ? Is the unity running at 64 bits by default? I am just asking since my friend's PC is pretty old and its a 32 bit pc.

I do not want to get into my pc and see the game is still running at 32bits. 

How can I be sure I got the 64 bits version of the game? Or does KSP now detects if it can run 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thx

:)

2 minutes ago, Kar said:

Hi all!

I have been with my internet down for a while. So I cannot update my ksp.

Today I got my hands on a computers friend and log into my steam account to download ksp. I was crazy waiting for the update.

Since my friend only got a old 32 bit PC, with 2mb ram, I did not even bother to play.

I got the game, test it and its working, so I just copy ksp to a usb pen to play latter at my own pc.

Heres the thing: (warning noob question lol)

How do I know if ksp is running 32bits or 64 ? Is the unity running at 64 bits by default? I am just asking since my friend's PC is pretty old and its a 32 bit pc.

I do not want to get into my pc and see the game is still running at 32bits. 

How can I be sure I got the 64 bits version of the game? Or does KSP now detects if it can run 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thx

:)

In the latest version (1.1.2), which should be downloaded automatically from Steam, you should have two exe files: KSP and KSP_64.

The KSP.exe launches 32bit, the KSP_64.exe launches 64 bit.

Your OS needs to be 64 bit to be able to play KSP_64 properly.

Ok, I checked the game folder and in the main menu. On the folder I just got ksp.exe and launcher.exe. No 64bit exe. In the game the version is correct but does not show x64.

Is this happening because I downloaded the game in this 32bit pc? My own pc is 64bit and can run ksp with no problem, this PC I am now is old and crappy. lol

Steam just gave me 32bit version....i think :(

EDIT

Confirmed. Steam gave me 32bit version :(

Edited by Kar

I got the feeling that is steam that screwing me up. Since this pc I am on now is a old 32bit pc, I just got the 32 bit version. How the hell can I get the 64 bit version of ksp to take it home?

Speaking as a Steam user with a 64-bit system, Steam automatically downloaded the 64-bit .exe file for me. I've never heard of such a thing, but I guess it's possible Steam auto-detected your friends' 32-bit system and only downloaded the appropriate 32-bit .exe. I would genuinely have expected you to find the 64-bit exe in your copied game directory.

13 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Speaking as a Steam user with a 64-bit system, Steam automatically downloaded the 64-bit .exe file for me. I've never heard of such a thing, but I guess it's possible Steam auto-detected your friends' 32-bit system and only downloaded the appropriate 32-bit .exe. I would genuinely have expected you to find the 64-bit exe in your copied game directory.

Yeah... that was what I am thinking, but Steam stop giving me 64 bit long agon even on my PC since 1.05? 1.0? I think? Since they stop the development of 64bit before Unity.

The strange thing is the core files for 64 bit is in my folder. The ksp_64data folder is there but the .exe file is not on the ksp folder lol.

Its not a very important thing for now, since I only play ksp with mods, I already know that I need to wait about 1 month until all the modders update their work. Still, I am so tired of playing ksp 32bits an getting less and less low fps. I just wanted to test the new version in 64bit.

I got the new version in 32bits but Im not even going to bother with it. I think my internet problem will be solved in a few days, I will see if steam will give me 64 bit on my pc then.

Thank you all for the help.

Fly safe.

:cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.