What's up with this?

Well, presumably the two saves are corrupted in one way or another.  Does it actually let you load them and, if so, does it actually work?

Can you zip up your whole saves folder and upload it somewhere?  It may be possible for someone to salvage them...

14 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Delete, ignore and continue with your working save? All this handwringing is just time spent not playing KSP :D

Why delete and ignore if they load and appear to work fine?  If all they are missing is the name and other details in the load dialog then he could probably keep playing them for years...

8 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Why delete and ignore if they load and appear to work fine?  If all they are missing is the name and other details in the load dialog then he could probably keep playing them for years...

I misread, I was under the assumption that they appeared out of nowhere ;.;

There was another thread about how doing a quicksave after visiting a Mobile Processing Lab would cause this sort of gamefile corruption? Do you have an MPL in one of your games? Might it be the same issue?

3 minutes ago, bewing said:

There was another thread about how doing a quicksave after visiting a Mobile Processing Lab would cause this sort of gamefile corruption? Do you have an MPL in one of your games? Might it be the same issue?

I do and I can't rule out that I didn't do that.

Do you have a bugtracker account? I'm a little tempted to try to duplicate this bug (but it sounds dangerous and I don't want to corrupt my savegame!) -- but it is not in the bugtracker yet.

7 minutes ago, bewing said:

Do you have a bugtracker account? I'm a little tempted to try to duplicate this bug (but it sounds dangerous and I don't want to corrupt my savegame!) -- but it is not in the bugtracker yet.

You can always copy your savefile to safe place (keeping backups is always a good habit).

Yeah, well, there's still a question in my mind as to whether it's the savefile itself that's getting corrupted, or whether it's something else. And I don't want to find out the hard way. :wink:

21 minutes ago, bewing said:

I don't have a bugtracker account. Can you tell me a quick how to and I'll see what I can do?

Edited by Brian444444

5 minutes ago, bewing said:

Yeah, well, there's still a question in my mind as to whether it's the savefile itself that's getting corrupted, or whether it's something else. And I don't want to find out the hard way. :wink:

I make a backup of the entire saves folder as part of starting KSP (yes, I'm paranoid).

And if a bug in the game corrupts anything outside of that (except for logs) then something is very, very borken.

4 hours ago, Brian444444 said:

I don't have a bugtracker account. Can you tell me a quick how to and I'll see what I can do?

You go here: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/account/register

You hopefully get a verification email (but this part seems to only work half the time?) and click on it.

Then you log into it, and go to the tab that says "New Issue" and start filling it out. You will need to upload a savegame that's borked, a KSP.log file, an output_log.txt file -- and say what steps will probably lead to replicating the bug (xmit science from a lab, Hit Esc, & save the game).

32 minutes ago, nonilareiwo said:

o.png

Hmmm...

5 hours ago, bewing said:

Yeah, he tried to quote me, but it didn't work. :wink:

Ahhh, yeah, I suppose that makes sense.  Interestingly, when I look at the page in Chrome, both his message and my quote of it break out the right side of the page...

QF7FLGr.jpg

Well I entered in bugtracker issue #9718

I referenced the info you provided me from the prior thread and what little I could contribute to what the real cause of it actually is. At least its in there and if they need more files I will be happy to provide them if they ask.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.