Problem With Attaching Items Inside a Cylinder

I've created a simple open cylinder, whereby the sides and end pieces have colliders (convex).  However, I am unable to attach items inside the cylinder.  In the first image, it shows the colliders.  The second image shows that the colliders have no meshes to render and they are all convex.

SCuaQjq.jpgFE3DR11.jpg

This image shows that the colliders are created in Blender.

JiokNQo.jpg

Finally, the part displayed in the VAB, where I cannot attach even a stock light inside.  I can attach it outside, though.

HvkmeIU.jpg

I want to attach items to the inside surfaces.    The CFG file allows surface attachment:

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

What am I missing?  

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

What am I missing?  

I'm not sure if this is what you're running into, however something to keep in mind is that the VAB will still try to orient the part that you're attaching as if it's connecting to the outside. That is, by default it'll attach inside the wall, rather than facing inward toward the center, so the player will always have to rotate the part around as they're attaching it. The VAB logic just doesn't really expect people to attach things to the inside surfaces of cargo bays and the like. The attachment position itself will be correct, it'll just face the wrong way unless the player rotates it.

On 5/13/2016 at 4:30 PM, ziporama said:

Noob here but I'll try anyway: On your screenshot, I'm not seeing a mesh in the mesh collider box below material.  Mine do.

Is that the issue?

Colliders NEVER have rendered meshes.  If you have those in your mod, remove them.

On 5/13/2016 at 4:37 PM, nli2work said:

try it with box colliders, and more thickness. 

I'll try box colliders.  However, the walls are not rectangular shaped.

15 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

Also try without angle snapping ("c").

I'll test that.

On 5/13/2016 at 5:44 PM, NecroBones said:

The VAB logic just doesn't really expect people to attach things to the inside surfaces of cargo bays and the like. The attachment position itself will be correct, it'll just face the wrong way unless the player rotates it.

Yet, there are stock cargo bays where you can place items against walls inside.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.