KSP uses magic not science.

TrHollywood

I use mods, the mod breaks something, that must be KSP's fault.

KSP has plenty of issues, don't get me wrong, but the bouncing is a well known issue of connecting parts with KAS, lets be real here.

56 minutes ago, TrHollywood said:

after trying to build a base on the mun with kis/kas I am under the strong impression that KSP runs off magic. Because for no reason what so ever craft will just start bouncing and self destructing for no apparent reason! 

Check your trim (alt+X resets). If you look on the bottom left, you should be able to see what position your roll, pitch, and yaw actuators are at. If they arent zeroed with SAS off, then hitting alt+X should help. 

Before using any KAS/KIS parts or attachments, my Mun base certainly started sliding around, on a flat plain, with SAS off.

I can't specifically recall if it started bouncing randomly before attaching KAS/KIS parts or not, but I'm leaning towards before...

Really looking forward to the next round of bug-squishing. This and the problems with the new maneuver nodes/orbit lines are keeping me from playing.

Thanks arkie87 I will look before i recycle that base. The setup I had was just to land and mine till I could get EL setup and do a rebuild of the base in mobile form and after 5 attempts i was finally able to get enough material to rebuild it and get away from that one. And Alshain yes i know of the problems adding mods to KSP can cause but the bouncing on the mun is part of KSP and the mods just exaggerate it. It only really happens when switching from one craft to another. 

I remember a surface base on Mün conected with KAS... 4500tn started to bouncing and break... The problem was that one of the modules was unleveling. When I change the design of  that module, the new base was stable. 

Nah, KSP just has bugs.

In particular KIS/KAS connected bases are notorious for these problems. As I understand it it's a major reason why Roverdude added loads of "logistics" features to UKS, to make functioning bases that don't have everything physically connected.

On 13.5.2016 at 11:30 PM, TrHollywood said:

after trying to build a base on the mun with kis/kas I am under the strong impression that KSP runs off magic. Because for no reason what so ever craft will just start bouncing and self destructing for no apparent reason! 

This happens on when building Kis/kas bases on even slighty uneven surfaces.

Build your base on one the minimus flats instead. Minimus is also more fuel efficient if you are building up mining infrastructure

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.