Add SAS to stayputnik probe

Hi everyone. 

Just wondering how i would write an MM config to add sas module to the stayputnik probe.

I would like to unlock it with the tech tree as i unlock the other probe cores with SAS abilities.  So have the stayputnik as is when you first unlock it (no SAS) and then when you get the next probe core with SAS have it added to the stayputnik. Then the next core with prograde and retrograde hold have that added to the stayputnik.  Does the make sense?  I really like the stayputnik core but its kinda useless without SAS abilities.

Thanks in advance!!!

22 hours ago, Cerberus738 said:

Hi everyone. 

Just wondering how i would write an MM config to add sas module to the stayputnik probe.

I would like to unlock it with the tech tree as i unlock the other probe cores with SAS abilities.  So have the stayputnik as is when you first unlock it (no SAS) and then when you get the next probe core with SAS have it added to the stayputnik. Then the next core with prograde and retrograde hold have that added to the stayputnik.  Does the make sense?  I really like the stayputnik core but its kinda useless without SAS abilities.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'm not sure, but I think you need a plugin to do this. For example, PartUpgrade was able to do it, however it has been abandoned.

I also think to remember that MechJeb dynamically expands its functionality as tech nodes are unlocked, but since @sarbian is literally a wizard, he probably custom-wrote every part of it :P

Without any of that, you're basically left with the cheap-and-dirty DIY version: write a MM patch that clones (via +PART{ }) the Stayputnik core into a "mk2" variant which has SAS capabilities, and place this new part into the tech node you want to unlock it in. You will have both the old and the new Stayputnik in your game at the same time instead of upgrading the original one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.