Give Squad a break- No more Squad Hate

ZooNamedGames

1 minute ago, Kevin Kyle said:

I know a few devs and all Im going to say is that they are people just like the rest of us only we expect miracles of them. Thanks dev team for all you have done and thanks to all that contributed as well. I more than willing to give then a break. If I never played KSP again, it would still be one of the best values I ever got in this crazy world we live in. Ever!

I think you're demonstrating a common misconception that people are personally criticising the development team. I haven't seen evidence of that in any posts anywhere. What I do see evidence of is disappointment with the release schedule and release product, not because the dev team didn't work hard enough on it, but because it was released too soon. The devs themselves probably had absolutely no say about the release date, and from all I've seen when they put some focus on something they make it good.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

I know a few devs and all Im going to say is that they are people just like the rest of us only we expect miracles of them. Thanks dev team for all you have done and thanks to all that contributed as well. I more than willing to give then a break. If I never played KSP again, it would still be one of the best values I ever got in this crazy world we live in. Ever!

I'm not expecting a miracle, I'm expecting a playable release (unless you consider the latter as a miracle, if so, I'm out).

I don't care how they do it, or when it comes out. Squad can take their vacation before the release and come back to work on the game with less pressure, I don't mind.

I can't play 1.1.x right now, until a bug fix which will come whenever it will. If they did wait for a time before releasing the game, I wouldn't have been able to play 1.1 as well. The difference ? In the second case there was no unplayable release in the meantime, therefore keeping Squad's image as it was.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

If you all have a better suggestion then I would rather see you attempt to make your own game and make your own solutions. It's their product, and therefore their decisions.

I bought the game, I have the right to have an opinion on it. It's not my game, so it's not my role to fix its bugs. Thank you for this point.

6 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Also let's not forget that the dev's mandatory 2 week vacation probably has more to do with the $$$s they've made for Squad than how ready the product was.

Or maybe it had to do with spending 6 months on a product, likely with sleepless nights and tireless to rebuild the game they spent  years on before.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Or maybe it had to do with spending 6 months on a product, likely with sleepless nights and tireless to rebuild the game they spent  years on before.

Unnecessary sleepless nights because of a self-imposed deadline.

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Or imposed by the company they work for.

This is actually the point I was making. I get the feeling you @ZooNamedGames think 'Squad' means 'the dev team'. While it might be occasionally used that way, I think most of us contributing to this discussion would differentiate between the two. The person blamed for the release being too soon is the person who made the release be too soon, not anybody else. The fact the devs took a holiday is fine with me - they work hard they need a break - but I sincerely doubt that the choice about when that break would be relative to when release would be was their own. Therefore, the fact that releases 1.1 - 1.1.2 haven't been polished enough to be released isn't something for which I (and I believe others) are blaming the devs, or the moderator team come to that, but nonetheless it is Squad (as their employer and the game's owner, and being the people who have released and are selling a defective product) who are to blame.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Or imposed by the company they work for.

Still unnecessary. See The_Rocketeer's post above (this one). Most of the critique is aimed at Squad as a whole, singular entity or at the result of their decisions. That this criticism is perceived by some forum members (or this "us" organization you mentioned) as hate or personal attacks against developers is kinda sad. It kills any attempts of criticizing any design or production decisions with "h8ers gonna h8" comments and accusations of lynching attempts.

6 minutes ago, J.Random said:

Still unnecessary. See The_Rocketeer's post above (this one). Most of the critique is aimed at Squad as a whole, singular entity or at the result of their decisions. That this criticism is perceived by some forum members (or this "us" organization you mentioned) as hate or personal attacks against developers is kinda sad. It kills any attempts of criticizing any design or production decisions with "h8ers gonna h8" comments and accusations of lynching attempts.

Yet your comments to Squad are negative. Never have you made any suggestion to improve anything they've done and I've provided a solution myself so at this point no one can help you.

You are not doing Squad nor the devs any favors OP by trying to stamp out criticism on this forum. Frankly, I find this broadside at everyone who dares complain offensive. If you are referring specifically to unfair criticisms of the devs themselves for the (clearly defective) product Squad released, there have not actually been so many of those. Mostly, there have been allegations that the hands-on developers are getting egregiously overworked and underpaid, which is a narrative that (while I have no idea if it is actually true) is quite consistent with the product Squad just released. Squad and the developers are not the same thing, and posturing as if criticism of Squad's business model is the same as disparaging these poor overworked programmers is disingenuous. And blaming the victim, i.e. telling the players that their impatience is the cause of this unprecedentedly buggy release, is just preposterous. If you want to single out some individual who makes some particularly nasty remark, have at it. But this approach to all the malcontents smacks of former Soviet republics.

Edited by herbal space program