Post your stupid mistakes

Australian Sloth

I was traveling to the Mun, but I accidentally had x10000 on for too long, I was at about 2000m/s at 20,000 meters high. :( So I crashed. But its not really that hard to get to the Mun, it\'s just time consuming!

I was about to do a YouTube commentary for the best way to land on Minmus. I paused before landing, took my USB mic and pulled out what I thought was a useless USB plug. After plugging in my mic I un-paused the game, only to find I had just unplugged my Keyboard. I dumbly it F5 to save and ESC to pause... did not work because keyboard was unplugged... RIP Bill Jeb and Bob :(

I built a brand new rocket design, and flew all the way to the Mun and attempted to land before realizing I forgot RCS thrusters on the lander. I then added the RCS thrusters and did a few other minor modifications and then flew all the way back to the Mun to attempt another landing. Only to realize I left the RCS fuel at home.

I built a brand new rocket design, and flew all the way to the Mun and attempted to land before realizing I forgot RCS thrusters on the lander. I then added the RCS thrusters and did a few other minor modifications and then flew all the way back to the Mun to attempt another landing. Only to realize I left the RCS fuel at home.

RCS is overrated anyways. Real pilots land without!

Many, many staging errors. Mainly of the failing to fully rearrange/add/remove them when my rocket design is such that the default will get someone killed. That\'s mostly in the past now. I think.

Less commonly, not paying enough attention during long burns, or when using time acceleration, resulting in excessive ?V use, needing extra orbits, mission aborts, and a few loss of crew incidents.

And of course, hitting End Mission when I meant Tracking Station.

Just launched my rover to my Mun base. The launch vehicle disintegrated at 25000 meters, leaving one engine strapped to two fuel tanks tied to the bottom of the rover. And it kept ascending, all 13 tons of it. Managed to get it into orbit, to the Mun, and deorbit above my base, but now I had no skycrane to lift the rover off the rocket and set it down. Ended up getting into a low hover, cutting thrust, and turning the rocket over as I detached the rover. I didn\'t cut thrust, and barely made it off the rocket, which spiraled away to crash. Managed to get the rover on its wheels and drive it the 2km to my Mun base. I guess it worked in the end, but I thought the mission was done when the launch vehicle came apart.

I often jettison near-empty stages when making orbital corrections because of the limited time I have at one point, and of course forget to deactivate the old engines. I go up in smoke every time.

I had built one of the most excessively overpow-er-underburdened rockets ever to get to Mimus, as I have n idea how to do orbital calculations. Anyways, a few kilometers out of Minmus, I launch my penultimate stage with a collection of five engines, four of them a quarter of the way up the 'Fuel-Shaft' of the fifth. Now, I had added four RCS blocks to the base of the shaft, so as to improve maneuverability, unfortunately, the RCS blocks were directly underneath my engines, and the resulting explosion led a chain reaction that destroyed the rest of my craft. -_-

Forgeytting that symmetry is turned off when you go back to add bigger/better engines to your rocket, and immediately go to the launch scene. Timber, indeed.

This is my biggest annoyance in the recent patch. When I go to edit fuel lines, I often don\'t check the symmetry. It is impossible to notice in my rocket until that specific stage comes up where I suddenly start to veer off in a direction (due to misbalanced fuel). The first time this happened I had no idea what was going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.