Cannot see required orbit for contract

I just accepted 6 satellite contracts, 2 for Mun, 2 for Minmus and 2 for Kerbin.

The 2 on both Mun and Minmus show up fine when I focus view on them. One of the Kerbin ones, which was the first I completed, showed up fine as well. But the 2nd Kerbin contract doesn't show the required orbit.

It's an equatorial orbit at about 2 million metres outside of Mun's orbit (13kk), but nothing is there. Currently I am in a polar orbit of Kerbin, switching focus between my vessel and Kerbin does nothing, still invisible. Should I just guess the orbit and hope that it shows up when I get closer?

SZYHtkG.png

@Hexlord it's a bug that causes orbits with any of the parameters that are undefined or N/A to not be drawn (like an equatorial orbit with the inclination undefined, because that's what equatorial means). 

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9651

Edited by FullMetalMachinist
Forgot to add link

Please do note the comment about the gigantic KSP.log and output_log.txt files in that bug report of mine. If you close the game, you can delete the giant log files -- but the output_log file can easily grow to .5Gb when you have one of these invisible sat contracts.

-- I'm still not sure if this is supposed to be a feature, though. Satellite contracts where all you need to do is get the Pe and Ap correct, and the rest of the parameters can be anything you want.

11 minutes ago, bewing said:

I'm still not sure if this is supposed to be a feature, though. Satellite contracts where all you need to do is get the Pe and Ap correct, and the rest of the parameters can be anything you want.

That would be an interesting mechanic, but I think it's a bug. If it were intentional I would think that the contract details would be a little more straightforward about the orbit requirements being that loose. 

Well the only satellite orbits that don't show up are the ones that specifically say certain parameters are N/A. So, what those contracts are saying is, as long as your Inclination is 0 and your AP and PE match what is specified, you are good. No point in putting the orbit in your map view when A. it's simple to figure out without it, and B. It'll make you think you have to match that orbit exactly when you don't.

TL/DR: its a feature not a bug.

Edited by EliasDanger

22 minutes ago, bewing said:

Please do note the comment about the gigantic KSP.log and output_log.txt files in that bug report of mine. If you close the game, you can delete the giant log files -- but the output_log file can easily grow to .5Gb when you have one of these invisible sat contracts.

-- I'm still not sure if this is supposed to be a feature, though. Satellite contracts where all you need to do is get the Pe and Ap correct, and the rest of the parameters can be anything you want.

I checked my log file and it seems to have reset itself once I restarted the game, currently it's only 200kb~

And don't forget inclination :P

The invisible ones all seem to be pure equatorial -- 0 inclination.

But yes, you are right -- the inclination can't be "anything you want". :wink:

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.