Stock Mech Walker

Some day Jeb will take a car to work. Until that day comes, he'll ride things like this...

168 parts. 31.6 tons. 100% bad ass!

Rvneqpo.jpg

UlcpmLs.jpg

3PW4dzG.jpg

lGs7eqA.jpg

muEBVRW.jpg

wqyalTF.jpg

Instructions: EVA the Kerbal and board the seat. Engage brakes and SAS, press space and you're good to go. Best keep it at half throttle otherwise the bearings might pop. There's enough power in the reaction wheels to turn the Mech if needed.

OK, it walks like it has arthritis but its not bad for a stock walker! I like the way it lumbers along. I think I can get better performance out of it if I can improve the bearings so maybe there will be an update on this in the future. I'll keep you posted. Until then, enjoy this behemoth.

Download here > https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9mK0rPybNaxR0hHWmJhV2ZIamM

Wow! I was just checking out the forums again, and i see this? Good job dude! 

On 6/3/2016 at 1:53 PM, Redshift OTF said:

Thanks for the comment. And thanks for the likes all! I've got another bearing in the works so I will swap them out and see if I can get this Mech to go faster. :cool:

Bearings might help, but i think your best bet would be to increase the offset of the "leg bearings" on the main axles. That way for every rotation the walker would take a much bigger step, going faster. 

Thanks Bubba! Your walker inspired me to make this one so thank you.

Unfortunately offsetting the leg bearings so they make a larger circle and therefore bigger strides causes to much stress on the bearings and they pop out. Something I will try and work on.

30 minutes ago, Redshift OTF said:

Thanks Bubba! Your walker inspired me to make this one so thank you.

Unfortunately offsetting the leg bearings so they make a larger circle and therefore bigger strides causes to much stress on the bearings and they pop out. Something I will try and work on.

Ah yea.. I am still having troubles making good, reliable bearings since 1.1... Stupid wheels :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.