I'm working on a scansat contract and it stipulates the following requirements:

Simple recon scan data from low orbit above ike

Magnometer scan data from low orbit above ike

Multispectral analysis data from high orbit above ike

Materials study from high orbit above ike

Sigint scan data from low orbit above ike

I'm familiar with the magnometer and materials study, but what science equipment is required for the other three items? I don't want to arrive at ike to find out I left a key piece of equipment behind.

2 hours ago, reedjos said:

I'm working on a scansat contract and it stipulates the following requirements:

Simple recon scan data from low orbit above ike

Magnometer scan data from low orbit above ike

Multispectral analysis data from high orbit above ike

Materials study from high orbit above ike

Sigint scan data from low orbit above ike

I'm familiar with the magnometer and materials study, but what science equipment is required for the other three items? I don't want to arrive at ike to find out I left a key piece of equipment behind.

Are you sure this is a SCANsat and not a DMagic contract?

• The Sigint scan is based on a part in DMagic Orbital Science.  It's one of the new parts added in the last few updates.
  • The Simple Recon Scan is based on a part in DMagic Orbital Science.  It's one of the new spay camera things IIRC, also recently added to the mod.
  • The Multispectral analysis can be both DMOS or SCANsat.  They have different parts.  The DMOS part looks like half a football split longitudinally and can do its own, 1-off experiement, which I believe is what you're looking here.  The SCANsat part is a flat white rectangular antenna with red trim.  It maps biomes if you leave it in the proper polar orbit.  The DMOS part can do this as well.  When in doubt, use both.

To expand on Geschosskopf's answer the SIGINT is a large (i mean massive) dish that is stored under a fairing. it looks like a long nose cone. I know this as when i got a similar contract (think the same one actually) I was like what the hell is the SIGINT? 

Put it on a probe and deply it at the pad - did i mention its massive?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.