KSP price increase discussion

Z00111111

I\'d have to say that if I can expect a cost/hour played to be more than 1 USD/hr, I probably won\'t play it. For example, I got TF2 when it was still $20, and I\'ve gotten 132.2 hours out of gameplay from it as of this post. I got Just Cause 2 when it was $50, and I\'ve gotten 92.5 hours out of that so far. I\'m not sure how many hours I\'ve gotten out of KSP; if I haven\'t already, I know I will play enough to drop it below that.

The problem a lot of big-budget ($50 or $60) titles have is the fact that in order for me to even consider buying them at full price, I\'d have to expect to get at least 50-60 hours of gameplay. That\'s ton, especially if it\'s a game that is purely a 6-8 hour story with no multiplayer or replayability.

I have bought so many games that cost $40-$60 dollars that didn\'t even give me more than 10-15 hours of enjoyment. KSP has given me many, many more times that. The only other game I have ever enjoyed this much from alpha was Minecraft, which I finally grew bored of after hundreds of hours of play time.

I don\'t want to be a downer but I think it a terrible idea to raise the price too much. I think 20 is even pushing it a little. At the moment none of the gameplay mechanics are implemented. By that i mean missions, campaign, etc. If its priced too high new buyers will be expecting these to be both finished and polished. It could lead to much negative publicity if they\'re not satisfied.

I love KSP but I think at the moment it\'s a bit premature to charge too much.

wat.

You\'d be hard-pressed to find a commercial company charge even 25USD for a pre-order, and that\'s just to preserve your copy until its release date, in which you won\'t know if the game is any good until that game is released.

18USD to pre-order KSP, get access to the game in its current state, and all other updates it recieves until it\'s complete? That\'s nothing.

I don\'t want to be a downer but I think it a terrible idea to raise the price too much. I think 20 is even pushing it a little. At the moment none of the gameplay mechanics are implemented. By that i mean missions, campaign, etc. If its priced too high new buyers will be expecting these to be both finished and polished. It could lead to much negative publicity if they\'re not satisfied.

I love KSP but I think at the moment it\'s a bit premature to charge too much.

Are you kidding me? $18 for a game with infinite replay value, think about. You are insane.

[mod]Don't speculate about the final price.[/mod]

... because some of the guesses have been wild and, by a process of Chinese Whispers, people end up believing your speculation is genuine. If too many silly guesses go around then Squad will lose customers simply because they thought the eventual price would be too high.