This happened (Tornado 5 broke big time)

kapteenipirk

As we all know, nothing last's forever. At least not in KSP.

Now that i got all the mods needed for the Tornado 5 to work, i desided it would be time to do a little update to it and some other Tornado's, and make a new post about them.

Well...due to mods getting updated and old stuff getting deleted...this happened.

zGo4hL7.png

All the stock parts had gotten resized to nano scale for some reason.

6NEYaBo.png'

They did show up on launch tough, but it was still broken beyond repair.

1I1aKq6.png

As much as i would like to be a little upset about this, i'm not. I just found it more amusing than anything to see this thing so messed up.

Plus, i think it was high time to do some rebuilding, and make the new version using less mods.

It would be nice to get rid of all the B9 parts and maby even all the Firespitter parts since those mods tend to take a long time to update.

And stuff in different mods tend to get remade/deleted witch makes some crafts unplayable (most of my modded craft's), so having less mods reduces the chance of the entire craft getting broken due to one part getting deleted from one of the mod packs.

But i'm sure you all knew that by now.

I don't even wanna know what my other modded crafts that are "playable" look like. So, i think i'll just feed those to the Kraken (delete them).

Anyway, there's a dumb pointless post for you.

18 hours ago, Overland said:

Are any of the tornado planes space capable? I recall in sonic 2 and 3 the biplane version had a thruster on the bottom

The only tornado that's space capable is the Macross inspired X-Tornado from the Sonic-X anime, but only after major modifications. But i'm pretty sure that's non canon.

The booster under the Tornado-1 was purely for getting some extra speed.

Well, nothing lasts forever.

But in my ksp saves, it lasts even shorter. I have pretty much no idea how to patch the saves, and almost all of my crafts from pre 1.1 are gone. (Actually, maybe all of them) After resetting my PC in a desperate attempt to save minecraft, (which didn't work, I actually had to poke around with the security settings, since it was blocking the game.) all of my craft were broken with the new 1.1. (Including the legendary ok2rov, which could fit in a small service bay) But the craft stash never stays anyway, and I simply rebuilt anew with hardly a second thought. I do know how it feels for some other players when this happens though, after weeks of perfecting the crafts. This is simply an opportunity to start anew.

Edited by Dobelong

18 minutes ago, Dobelong said:

Well, nothing lasts forever.

But in my ksp saves, it lasts even shorter. I have pretty much no idea how to patch the saves, and almost all of my crafts from pre 1.1 are gone. (Actually, maybe all of them) After resetting my PC in a desperate attempt to save minecraft, (which didn't work, I actually had to poke around with the security settings, since it was blocking the game.) all of my craft were broken with the new 1.1. (Including the legendary ok2rov, which could fit in a small service bay) But the craft stash never stays anyway, and I simply rebuilt anew with hardly a second thought. I do know how it feels for some other players when this happens though, after weeks of perfecting the crafts. This is simply an opportunity to start anew.

I still have a couple relics from my pre beta days http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/55499207050063821/66022B3D7BF3A9DCE44F22E3EB1EA8453A94C8C1/

I usually just move my main save onto a different folder and poke around looking for the ones to save. The ones that i want to save i move to the new save file and check if they still work.

And that's why my saves are so stuffed up with crafts, cause i don't want to throw away good crafts (all the modded ones are gone tough).

The only real reason i've had to throw away any of my crafts is due to old parts getting changed to a new model/type. And due to old parts getting deleted from the stock game and some of the mods i use.

But i have also lost some of my crafts due to me not wanting to use some mods anymore.

To me it's not really a problem to start a new clean save (used to do that in the 0.21 to beta days) since the longest i have ever spent on a project is 2 days, and that was the 1500 part KN-225 (1:1 AN-225).

Plus, it gives me something new to do, cause i'll have to make all the essential crafts again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.