Kerbin Atlantis

This is my second challenge submission, and this one is a doozy. The challenge is to only use stock parts to build an underwater city off the shores of the KSC.

RULES:

Only stock parts allowed.

The only mods allowed are texture replacer mods.

No altering the game's physics in anyway.

There must be over ten Kerbals in the city.

Show me pictures of your creations.

If you have any questions about the challenge, feel free to comment. I am more than likely to respond. 

Good luck! :D -The Raging Sandwich

May I present, Kerblantis!

Holding tanks offer a nice alternative to mainsails/i-beams for ballasts. They can be filled in the VAB, and emptied later using the "Jettison" command to make your cities rise from the ocean like Atlantis!

Edited by Cunjo Carl

1 minute ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I can always rely on Cunjo Carl.

I've already read the submission guide. This challenge may not be new, but keep in mind that I'm new to the forums and that I've never seen a challenge like this. Just about everything stated in the submission guide is on this challenge.

Whatever you say m8

3 minutes ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I'm confused. How exactly do I use a scoring method?

Funds, lowest or highest mass, stuff like that. I feel like a scoring method is kinda weird seeing as it's just landing stuff in the water.

22 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Maybe have it scored by most Kerbals on board?

So if I go by a scoring system of how many Kerbals were onboard or however many could fit inside, than Cunjo Carl would be up by 11 points. That sounds like a good idea. Whoever gets the most points based on that scoring system by 8:00 pm US Central Time wins the challenge!

Anyone who submits their craft should tell how many Kerbals can fit inside. Anyone who submits their craft after 8 pm US Central Time will not be scored.

To find out if you're late of early, Google "What time is it in US Central Time." :)

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

Oh, lotsa Kerbals? I'll give that a shot, too. And hello Central time zone, from Pacific time zone! Sorry you always have to get up so early :)

Edit: It's a little hard to see, but there's 66 Kerbals in this rowdy, rude dance party so hot they had to sink it to the sea floor. Funk soul, brother.

162eot.gif

Edited by Cunjo Carl

So, since its 8:29 by the time by the time I'm typing this, the contest is now over. Obviously, the winner of this challenge has to be Cunjo Carl for his contraption that could hold 66 Kerbals.

Feel free to keep posting your underwater cities (they won't be in my official contest, however.) 

I'll try to post a better challenge idea next, so hold your horses.

Also, I noticed that the GIF that Carl uploaded was from Imgflip.com. I have a profile called Swagzilla2003 on the site.

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

1 hour ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I'll try to post a better challenge idea next, so hold your horses.

I thought it was a fun challenge! It's hard to get a good balance on these things, and a big part of it is often being in the right place at the right time. Sometimes you'll see completely empty challenges being resuggested later and becoming wildly popular. Just like anything, you know? Also, If it's any consolation, this challenge has gotten more action than all three of mine combined :) . I look forward to seeing your next one!

For the most part, challenges grow and fade on the weeks to months time scale around here. Make sure to give your challenges enough time- I think the day cutoff might have been too quick for a lot of people. I'm in a place where I have very little free time, so I'm exceptionally focused in the time I do have- I bit into the challenge with reckless abandon, but most seem to like tinkering slowly over time.

Also, as a note, you don't always need a scoring system. This board includes both competitions (scored) and mission ideas(not). If you feel like a scoring system gets in the way of the theming or creativity of your challenge, call it a mission idea and people will get the gist. This board is filled predominantly with competitions, so that tends to go assumed unless stated otherwise. A great example of a popular challenge without a scoring system is the Dres Awareness Challenge, which simply states its challenge requirements as: "BIG...MANY...LOTS!". The challenge submission guide is great because it's a sure-fire way for people to hone their challenge ideas into fun and competitive events, but don't feel like you need to forsake an otherwise good idea to fit it verbatim! I liked your challenge with the scoring and without it, but in the end they were very different challenges. </opining> Cheers!

Edited by Cunjo Carl

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.