Extra sounds in VAB

So I like to make videos of my builds in the VAB.  Quite often I'll speed up the video, but all the miscellaneous noise in the background doesn't sound too great sped up.  I tried adjusting all the sound options to turn them off, but couldn't find anything short of turning off the master volume (which I don't want to do since I like the audio feedback when selecting and connecting parts).  Is there an option to adjust this?

1 hour ago, Snark said:

I haven't tinkered with it lately, but doesn't the sound-settings UI have a separate slider for adjusting background music volume?  Why not just turn it off?

I can kill the background music, but the background construction noises continue to play

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a problem with the QuickMute plugin.  I reloaded the game and the sounds seemed to be gone, but when I toggled QuickMute on and off the sounds came back.  Doing some testing, and might wind up putting a bug in for QuickMute

18 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

So I like to make videos of my builds in the VAB.  Quite often I'll speed up the video, but all the miscellaneous noise in the background doesn't sound too great sped up...

Surely any half-decent editing software lets you speed-up the video channel separately from the audio.  Split the two channels then just cut the audio channel to fit your accelerated video - or replace it completely.

7 hours ago, Pecan said:

Surely any half-decent editing software lets you speed-up the video channel separately from the audio.  Split the two channels then just cut the audio channel to fit your accelerated video - or replace it completely.

And many audio programs now let you speed up the audio without changing the pitch (not sure if that's your complaint or not, but if it is…). You may be able to export the audio track, apply such edits, and re-import if your video program doesn't do such things natively. What editors do you have to work with?

6 hours ago, pincushionman said:

And many audio programs now let you speed up the audio without changing the pitch (not sure if that's your complaint or not, but if it is…). You may be able to export the audio track, apply such edits, and re-import if your video program doesn't do such things natively. What editors do you have to work with?

The pitch isn't the problem.  I do speed up the audio quite often without changing the pitch.  The problem is that I couldn't adjust the volume of the "construction" noises.  Removing QuickMute resolved the issue for me.

On 6/18/2016 at 6:04 PM, Pecan said:

The problem with that is that I like the click sound-effects that are present in the audio track.  If I change their playback rates, those clicks will get out of sync with the video.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.