Lost connection KSP 1.1.3 Remotetech devb.554

Kai_himself

Hey Guys,

i have a problem wih Remotetech devb 554 on KSP 1.1.3.. I lost the connection immediately after the probe leaves the startingplatform. I think in earlier versions, you can fly in the athmosphere from Kerbin without any antenna ?

Are my memories wrong ?

Greetings

Kai

You're probably referring to the 3km omni-antenna that's built into probe cores.

In Career/Science mode, there's a specific tech tree node that unlocks that -- until then, you need other antennas.  And 3km isn't particularly far.

You can always set an antenna/dish to be active by default though, and there's even one designed specifically for that purpose.

You need the long passive antenna on the upper boosters section, don't forget to activate passive antennas when above 55 km so you can complete your climb. If it's your first launch and your communication network is not up yet, you need to create the manoeuvre node quickly and engage the autopilot to circularize because you are going to go out of sight of KSC before you hit apop. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.