Stack Splitters For 3.75m

Ahoy. I'd like to request stack splitters for the 3.75m fuselage format analogous to the 2.5m/1.25m - 1.25m stack splitters. Specifically, I'm thinking that for 3.75m to 1.25m, 2x, 3x, 4x, and 6x would be dandy. For 3.75m to 2.5m, perhaps 1x, 2x, 3x, and maybe even 4x would be good. The 3.75m parts catalogue feels super poor in general, and almost like an afterthought or a gimmick. Adding these might help liven it up a little, and diversify stock 3.75m rocket building.

Thanks for looking.

P.S. Yes I know there's a bajillion 3.75m mods, but as far as I'm aware none of them have the stack splitters I'm talking about. If you happen to know of one that does, please don't hesitate to hook a brother up.

2 hours ago, thereaverofdarkness2 said:

I want explosive-only stack splitters that completely obliterate themselves, leaving nothing attached to either part, and nothing floating in space. Should come with appropriate weaknesses of course.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about stack separators, but structural splitters like these:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/TVR-400L_Stack_Quad-Adapter

I guess they're also called "adapters," which works for me.

18 hours ago, thereaverofdarkness2 said:

Oh whoops, I didn't read very carefully.

Yes, we could use splitters of all sizes. I was thinking some of these parts could be done procedurally--you select a base part and adjust it with options in its right click menu.

I like that idea. Unless squid abandons development of KSP, which I think signs are pointing to with everyone jumping ship one after the other, I wouldn't mind seeing R&D devoted to a system of procedural parts as opposed to huge numbers of static parts.

On 7/1/2016 at 7:22 PM, Bomoo said:

P.S. Yes I know there's a bajillion 3.75m mods, but as far as I'm aware none of them have the stack splitters I'm talking about. If you happen to know of one that does, please don't hesitate to hook a brother up.

Sure thing!  :) Run, don't walk, and grab SpaceY:

It has several "thruster plate" parts that are exactly what you want.  Actually, they're even cooler than what you want, because not only do they provide the multiple-smaller-node connections below them... but they also have a full-size connector node below that, which you can use to attach things below them, and are equipped with an auto-shroud the same way that engines are.

For example:  Let's say you use the 3.75m-to-7x-1.25m plate.  You can attach it to the bottom of your 3.75m rocket, and then put, for example, seven 1.25m engines underneath it... and then put a 3.75m stack separator under the whole shebang and have another 3.75m stage underneath that.  When you attach something to the big node below, it automatically puts a shroud around the whole thing, like it does when you put a stack separator under an engine.  The overall "stiffness" of the stack is the same as a normal 3.75m stack would be.

This is just amazingly cool and allows some really nice flexibility in rocket-building.  Would really, really like to see this in stock.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:22 PM, Bomoo said:

The 3.75m parts catalogue feels super poor in general, and almost like an afterthought or a gimmick.

Probably because it was; if I recall correctly it was added for Squads asteroid-return mission mod (before it became stock).

6 hours ago, Snark said:

Sure thing!  :) Run, don't walk, and grab SpaceY:

It has several "thruster plate" parts that are exactly what you want.  Actually, they're even cooler than what you want, because not only do they provide the multiple-smaller-node connections below them... but they also have a full-size connector node below that, which you can use to attach things below them, and are equipped with an auto-shroud the same way that engines are.

For example:  Let's say you use the 3.75m-to-7x-1.25m plate.  You can attach it to the bottom of your 3.75m rocket, and then put, for example, seven 1.25m engines underneath it... and then put a 3.75m stack separator under the whole shebang and have another 3.75m stage underneath that.  When you attach something to the big node below, it automatically puts a shroud around the whole thing, like it does when you put a stack separator under an engine.  The overall "stiffness" of the stack is the same as a normal 3.75m stack would be.

This is just amazingly cool and allows some really nice flexibility in rocket-building.  Would really, really like to see this in stock.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.