My KSP story

Hi guys my name is Jeb-head-mug kerman. I have been playing ksp for almost two years now and i wanted to tell

you how it all began. Two years ago one of my friends told me about a game in wich you build rockets and you fly them to other planets. The game as i found out later was called Kerbal space program. So i looked at the website (the old one) 

and found that the game was quiet expensive. So i downloaded the demo version, it was 0.14 it had only kerbin and the mun! I was surprised to find that it wasn't the earth or the mun! 

About six months later i bought the full version it was 0.25 and 0.90 was in the making. When 0.90 was realesed i was very happy! I don't know if you guys remember 0.90 but there were many new parts! A big realese. 

Then they realesed 1.0 and i don't know if they realesed the next versions very fast or that i missed them but i didn't get

1.0.2 1.0.3 but i re-joined the website in 1.0.4 and then i joined the forum by the name of Planet Missions. But i didn't go far on that profile i soon lost intrest in the forum and whent back to playing the game. 1.0.5 was a big realese and a lot of new parts. And after that we waited a long time for 1.1 when the 

experimental version was realesed i re-joined the forum by the name of Jeb-head-mug kerman.  A few months later i made my first mod. And then 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.2.

So whats your ksp story?

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

I started way back in 0.8.5 when a friend pointed it out to me.  It was simple fun, making big monstrosities, trying to make orbit by trial and error, trying out a few basic mods.  There was no mun yet, and I fell out of it for a while.

I returned when they added the mun, and managed to hit it several times with basic orbital mapping but no patched conics.  Note the word 'hit', not 'land'.  That was quite entertaining for a while, and eventually I managed to actually land, and keep all my engines and at least half of the eight landing legs.  I was impressed, and when preorders came out I jumped in line.

This is my first time seriously tackling career mode.  I gave it an offhand try before but worked myself into a corner, this time I'm making real progress, I think.  We'll see.  If I unlock the whole tech tree I'll call that a win.

I think I chanced upon it while browsing the Steam store. Got the demo, got hooked, got the full version, struggled to find other games to put significant time into since. :D I've been playing for over 2 years now, and I think I'll keep playing it forever, if I can!

7 hours ago, cubinator said:

I think I chanced upon it while browsing the Steam store. Got the demo, got hooked, got the full version, struggled to find other games to put significant time into since. :D I've been playing for over 2 years now, and I think I'll keep playing it forever, if I can!

Do you make your own games?

I can't remember exactly how I got into KSP, downloaded it as freeware somewhere I think, it was probably the demo version of 0.23 or something. KSP is quite popular in the Eve Online community, so that's probably where I first heard about it. I no longer play Eve Online, but KSP has stuck with me.^_^

4 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Nope. I've had some interesting ideas for games (true 2-dimensional, where your field of view is a line and there's no such thing as left/right) but always had too many setbacks trying to learn to code.

Found KSP in 0.18. Bought and downloaded a few days later when 0.19 came out. Been through 3 computers, with decreasing lag, and have sent probes to every celestial body except for Eeloo. Landed kerbals everywhere except for Vall, Eeloo, Eve, Dres, and Jool (obviously). I currently have manned missions in progress to Vall, Eeloo, and Dres with plans to go to Eve and ascend from Jool.

9 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Actually, I *sort of* do. I've been involved in something called the Hyperstream game design contest. Our team won best animation sequence this year. I also do some programming on Khan Academy, although I never really get far on games. My best game, in my opinion, is Rocket Game 2 (wow, a creative name). Left and right arrows to steer, up and down arrows for throttle, and shift for the parachute.

19 hours ago, cubinator said:

Nope. I've had some interesting ideas for games (true 2-dimensional, where your field of view is a line and there's no such thing as left/right) but always had too many setbacks trying to learn to code.

I am also learning coding.

14 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Found KSP in 0.18. Bought and downloaded a few days later when 0.19 came out. Been through 3 computers, with decreasing lag, and have sent probes to every celestial body except for Eeloo. Landed kerbals everywhere except for Vall, Eeloo, Eve, Dres, and Jool (obviously). I currently have manned missions in progress to Vall, Eeloo, and Dres with plans to go to Eve and ascend from Jool.

Actually, I *sort of* do. I've been involved in something called the Hyperstream game design contest. Our team won best animation sequence this year. I also do some programming on Khan Academy, although I never really get far on games. My best game, in my opinion, is Rocket Game 2 (wow, a creative name). Left and right arrows to steer, up and down arrows for throttle, and shift for the parachute.

THREE COMPUTERS!? Wow that's a lot.:D

I just wanted to tell you that i made a game called rocket game and rocket game 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.