EVA Suits Prime Crew

Has ANYONE noticed that, with the original crew members of Jeb, Bill, Bob and Val that inside the craft their suits are orange but on EVA they turn WHITE? Anyone notice that? Am I just batty? Also, did you know that on the EVA pack <at least with Bill I think <who ever is the scientist lol> your flag shows on the EVA Pack?

The pumpkin-suits aren't EVA suits; they're flight suits. In order to go outside, Jeb etc. put on the same EVA suit as everyone else.

All kerbals change into EVA suits (presumably by putting on an outer layer, much like Apollo astronauts) when they go outside.

My Search Fu is weak, I will admit, but, quick suggestion x2. 1. If I am doubling up, merge please. And 2. My true suggestion, with the prime crew of Jeb, Bill, Bob and Val, make EVA suits match what you see on IVA please. Being orange in IVA then suddenly White on EVA is jarring. Yes, this is an old issue since like EVA became a thing, but, holy cow guys, can we do something about this please?

10 minutes ago, Jovus said:

The pumpkin-suits aren't EVA suits; they're flight suits. In order to go outside, Jeb etc. put on the same EVA suit as everyone else.

All kerbals change into EVA suits (presumably by putting on an outer layer, much like Apollo astronauts) when they go outside.

Yes, but their EVA suits should still be visually distinctive for the original 3 (plus Val!). :(

Sure, I'm all for that. I'm just pointing out that there is a distinction between flight suits and EVA rigs.

I'd go further and say that there should be some visual distinction between IVA suits and EVA suits in their look and design, for all Kerbals.

4 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I get that the orange suits are technically "launch/entry" suits but these are kerbals why cant the prime crew suits for EVA not be orange with RCS packs?

Because white Space suits are iconic. Also the other Kerbals wear a blue-gray suit inside the capsules.

8 hours ago, Jovus said:

I doubt there is room in any kerbal craft for a second set of helmets, or room to change at all :wink: .

2 hours ago, tater said:

I doubt there is room in any kerbal craft for a second set of helmets, or room to change at all :wink: .

Sure there is. Normally it'd be a tight fit in such a small space, but Bill ate all the snacks before launch, so Jeb just keeps his in the cupboard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.