Surface Scanner says "Ore [Surf]: Unknown"

I have been very slowly working my way through a career mode game (50% science, funds, rep) since version 1.1.3 came out. I finally managed to buy a Tier 3 R&D building and get my drills and ISRU.

So I take a nice rover to Minmus with a Surface Scanner, and put a Survey Scanner in orbit. I forgot that I hadn't done the orbital survey yet, and clicked the "Run Analysis" button on the Survey Scanner first. When it didn't give me a readout, I remembered to go do the orbital survey. Came back to my rover, and now instead of giving me an ore percentage readout, it says "Unknown" -- and I can't seem to reset it so it starts working.

Am I missing something obvious?

As it happens, this topic's fresh in my mind, because just in the last few days I was updating a mod to work with the scanner.  :)

...I can confirm that yes, it says "unknown" if the ore concentration is zero.

(Not sure why it says that instead of just saying zero, which would be less confusing IMHO.  But that's what it is.)

Thanks. It should definitely say zero if you've done the orbital survey. Maybe I'll make a feedback about it. "Unknown" is a word that invites confusion.

-- Just wrote a note in the wiki about it, at least.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.