Aerodynamics freaking out

At one point in many of my aeroplane flights, landing gear suddenly create erroneous body lift that makes flight impossible. This appears to be quite random, sometimes the body lift value is smaller, sometimes higher. Sometimes it happens a few seconds into the flight, sometimes not at all. Sometimes it has worse, sometimes not so bad effects (but almost always leads to some parts exploding or splashing down hard, sometimes doing the same to kerbals. That is, if I don't revert flight as soon as I notice something strange about my plane's trajectory). Even if I somehow manage to keep flying, the problem doesn't appear to disappear after some time. The aerodynamic force created by the wheels appears to point in the opposite direction of what it should, and depends on the wheel's angle of attack. That is, when the wheel is pointing up relative to prograde, it pushes me down. 180^ angle of attack seems to give an infinite "wheel lift" value while 0^ doesn't cause any forces.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.