More ship type, please

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if there is some mod that adds more different ship type a part lander, satellite, flag, debris, base and so one, because I think, as a remotetech user, adding the type communication satellite would be fundamental. 

Can I mod this myself or is something inside the game that we are not alle to do? 

5 hours ago, Hieronimous Bosch said:

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if there is some mod that adds more different ship type a part lander, satellite, flag, debris, base and so one, because I think, as a remotetech user, adding the type communication satellite would be fundamental. 

Can I mod this myself or is something inside the game that we are not alle to do? 

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

The vessel type are hard coded and we can't add more. With 1.2 adding a stock comm system having more type would be nice.

I've been saying this very thing since I first played .22. The ones are fine, but what I personally think needs to be added are:

• Aircraft
  • Spaceplane
  • Craft (generic that can be used for surface craft, user designation)
  • Starship (or generic Space Ship)

I also wish they would bring back the ability to rename craft in the tracking station. This was a nifty feature that existed up to 1.0. I really hated to see them remove this feature.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I also wish they would bring back the ability to rename craft in the tracking station. This was a nifty feature that existed up to 1.0. I really hated to see them remove this feature.

Huh? I'm still playing 1.0.5 (I'm avoiding the wheels/legs in 1.1.x) and I've been able to rename craft from the tracking station all the time. I play with RemoteTech, so I'm renaming ComSats on a regular basis. It's not an INTUITIVE method to the renaming (it's like 3 clicks just to get to the renaming option), but it does exist. I don't recall anyone saying this feature was removed in 1.1.x.

On Topic: Yes, I'm also one that wishes we could have more craft types. A "Satellite" category to complement "Probes" would be nice. I define probe as not intended to be orbiting body for long, if at all. A probe in either in-transit, doing a fly-by only, or will be discarded in some manner after its tasks are complete. Satellites are meant to be orbiting a body indefinitely as a part of infrastructure. (e.g. RT comms constellation.)

If we could get custom craft designations rather than the fixed, hardcoded ones... (Maybe with the code refactoring, they can try to implement this.) Then again, I'd also like stuff like easier, in-game methods of sharing things like craft designs. If custom craft designations are allowed, there should be an option to make them game wide or per-save game. (Because if you ARE making custom class designations, chances are you'll use the same ones over and over again across different saves anyway.)

Edited by StahnAileron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.