kerbodyne crashing game

I am having issues with kerbodyne parts. The first thing that tipped me off was when I grabbed a "twin boar", and the game crashed when I tried to delete it by moving it over the parts window and clicking. When I did that, there were 2 glitches that appeared there, although they weren't in any way causing eachother. First, the part wasn't deleted, which is a glitch, as it's supposed to be deleted, and second, KSP "stopped working". There was no crash report. The second glitch happened when I grabbed a Kerbodyne S3-1440. The game worked perfectly well, but when I tried to delete the 1440, in the same manner as before, the game crashed with no crash report. Both crashes occurred in the SPH, in sandbox mode. While there were mods installed, there weren't any modded parts on the vehicle at the time. List of mods: Kerbal Engineer Redux, Telemachus, TweakScale, and ModuleManager. Ksp version 1.1.3, x64, windows 10.

Even when the game crashes with no crash report, it will still generate an output.log. and KSP.log.  examine these files to see if you can gleen any information about the error prior to the crash.

On 7/26/2016 at 1:14 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Even when the game crashes with no crash report, it will still generate an output.log. and KSP.log.  examine these files to see if you can gleen any information about the error prior to the crash.

I don't think it'll help. All that happened was the game "stopped responding" less than a second after deleting the parts. I'll try for a log though. BTW, I got a few new mods on KSP. I've added EVE, Chatterer, Docking port alignment indicator, engine lighting, kerbal alarm clock, planetshine, surface lights, and TAC fuel balancer.

Plus, I probably won't be able to get any info that I can make use of in the log.

log coming soon.

28 minutes ago, Linventor said:

I don't think it'll help. All that happened was the game "stopped responding" less than a second after deleting the parts. I'll try for a log though. BTW, I got a few new mods on KSP. I've added EVE, Chatterer, Docking port alignment indicator, engine lighting, kerbal alarm clock, planetshine, surface lights, and TAC fuel balancer.

Plus, I probably won't be able to get any info that I can make use of in the log.

log coming soon.

Not to worry.  the log will tell me what mods are installed and a of of other info, so it is helpful :)  It runs continuously while the game is running so even where it stops logging is informative.  Also, make sure you have read this Support link.  You can find the log in one of 3 places, depending on your OS (Excerpted from the support link): 

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log
Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/30/2016 at 10:46 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Not to worry.  the log will tell me what mods are installed and a of of other info, so it is helpful :)  It runs continuously while the game is running so even where it stops logging is informative.  Also, make sure you have read this Support link.  You can find the log in one of 3 places, depending on your OS (Excerpted from the support link): 

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

now this is weird, but the crashes stopped. no idea why. :mellow: Maybe it has something to do with the new mods I added?

1 hour ago, Linventor said:

now this is weird, but the crashes stopped. no idea why. :mellow: Maybe it has something to do with the new mods I added?

Could be.  Without the old and new logs to look at, we will never know :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.