Possibly the longest space trip so far?

Pretor1an

It took me tries to return to kerbin retrograde, and I had only a sliver of fuel left. Just keep trying.

I will, but it was past midnight at that point and rather dissapointing :(

My first attempt failed miserably; I tried to brute force it. Turned out I acually had about 14,000 m/s of delta V to durn in kerbol SOI which was fairly impressive, but not quite enough. Bielliptic is much better. Coming that close with one entire stage left that had ~ 3000m/s delta V.

How far away is the sun? And does it have any heat impacts or something on your ship? I really want to discover everything in that universe :D

The heat doesn\'t affect it, but you can crash into it. I tried to crash into it one time, but ran out of fuel, and actually orbited pretty dang close to it with no damage or melted Kerbals. Second time, I managed the fuel better, and was able to get an impact.

pfft \'Better than NASA\' isn\'t something to be proud of.

I just hope we get some new planets in the next release. and x100,000 , x1,000,000 time acceleration.

Haha!

But you\'re right, another planet would be great, I\'ve been secretly hoping that it will be another of squad\'s \'Surprise Additions.\' :D

I ran a flight to see how much fuel I could lug into the orbit of a Mars-like planet, but experienced some strange bugs, where the ship began spinning wildly without any input - it became un-flyable. This, I believe, is known as the \'Space Kraken\', but I\'ve never had it whilst trying to Sun-dive or Escape the Solar system...?

As for the time warp, it really is needed. However I read somewhere that a \'Click to warp feature\' might be implemented, so you could instantly go to any point in your orbit. :D

Btw, love your videos. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Not Even close to my 3+ year mission which returned to Kerbin on a retrograde orbit and set a re-entry speed record.

Your Not Scott Manley (szyzyg). You just took credit for someone else's work. Your birthdate says January 1 2011, You joined June 12th.... Your obviously not the legend.

Your Not Scott Manley (szyzyg). You just took credit for someone else's work. Your birthdate says January 1 2011, You joined June 12th.... Your obviously not the legend.

Do you have proof for that? Don't accuse people of impersonation unless you have solid evidence.

I'm just going to leave this here, in case anyone has forgotten to read the Forum rules :)

Section 4: Libel, or Verbal Assault and Conflict

A user shall not: Make a topic admonishing, or harassing another user.

A user shall not: Use a thread to admonish, or harass a user.

A user shall not: Harass another user, outside of the forums.

A user shall not: Utilize private messaging to harass another user.

A user shall not: Use the wiki to harass or admonish another user.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.