Do an entire Mun Landing Mission with no warp...

Yep. That\'s right!

From the moment you lift off to the moment you splash down back on Kerbin, no warp can be used.

Try to fill your time in cis-Munar Space. You\'ll actually be surprised at how fast you travel after TLI.

Can you do it? Do you have the patience for 8 hours of KSP?

I frequently send up several ships at once so that if (when) I crash one I have three or four spares waiting to land! (This is especially true of the KSP BigTrak)

This won\'t work anymore (that well) when money gets implemented.

How do you guys play KSP if not this?

I frequently send up several ships at once so that if (when) I crash one I have three or four spares waiting to land! (This is especially true of the KSP BigTrak)

[sarcasm detector offline. ETA on repairs, 3.2 hours]

Pretty much everyone uses time-acceleration to hit the Munar SOI within minutes of play time after setting up the transfer orbit. ( Quicksave (F5) and Quickrestore(F9) are also useful to make things didn\'t happen.)

I\'ve done two realtime trips to the Mun. The first was the last weekend before v.0.14 came out, and while it was serenely calming to watch the nine-hour trip running in the background, it was also kind of boring. I realtimed the stay and return out until leaving the Munar SOI, but ultimately got impatient and decided to kick back on time acceleration shortly after Munar SOI exit.

It would definitely be easier in v0.15+, because of the patched conics giving you ETAs to SOI switches; I wouldn\'t have had to calculate those myself.

The second realtime trip was about a month ago, when I just decided to run for the Mun using one of my high-powered stock Sunspotters, and hit the Mun in under 30 minutes from launch. Lithobraking ensued. I think I\'ll see what I can do to build one that can stick the landing.

[sarcasm detector offline. ETA on repairs, 3.2 hours]

Pretty much everyone uses time-acceleration to hit the Munar SOI within minutes of play time after setting up the transfer orbit. ( Quicksave (F5) and Quickrestore(F9) are also useful to make things didn\'t happen.)

I\'ve done two realtime trips to the Mun. The first was the last weekend before v.0.14 came out, and while it was serenely calming to watch the nine-hour trip running in the background, it was also kind of boring. I realtimed the stay and return out until leaving the Munar SOI, but ultimately got impatient and decided to kick back on time acceleration shortly after Munar SOI exit.

It would definitely be easier in v0.15+, because of the patched conics giving you ETAs to SOI switches; I wouldn\'t have had to calculate those myself.

The second realtime trip was about a month ago, when I just decided to run for the Mun using one of my high-powered stock Sunspotters, and hit the Mun in under 30 minutes from launch. Lithobraking ensued. I think I\'ll see what I can do to build one that can stick the landing.

What I didn\'t say is that usually after a frenzy of activity of launching the next ship right after the injection burn I turn on the tv or go to work lol

It was a long time ago, but does this count: Kerbals Walk on Mun

The link above announced my first ever Mun landing. I flew all of my early missions to the Mun (Kerballo 8, 10, 11, etc) in real time because it increased the level of commitment. As I pointed out back in December, it would suck to spend 8-10 hours getting to the Mun only to crash or get stuck in Munar orbit because of lack of preparation (we didn\'t have persistence files back then, so there were no 'do overs'). I\'m no Neil Armstrong, so my heart was racing when I touched down sucessfully...

This is my favorite screen shot from my Kerballo 11 mission:

awk8k.png

actually... I have a batman marathon for movie tomorrow. I think I will set up a munar flight, and cross my fingers. Hopefully I don\'t overshoot... will have to do a decel type interception so the moon just pulls me into an orbit to extend the flight time.

Now do this, but without using map view :D Once you get it down enough times, it becomes easy, I don\'t even need the map for even minmus anymore 8) But real-timing this, its harder to see the orbital movement of your target.. so it will surely be even harder ;P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.