Finally...

KingAirDriver

We\'ve landed on the Mun!!!!!!

Tm65K.jpg

Intrepid ML V (Mun Lander)

O9AnZ.jpg

On the surface:

tzi7O.png

Sadly, the brave crew was lost in space. They are currently orbiting Kerbin without fuel. Had plenty of fuel leaving the Mun, but Mission Control, having never had to worry about their return, miscalculated the burn and left them stranded. So long, brave crew.

Thanks!

Got me there with quite a bit of fuel to spare. The lander isn\'t the most glamorous thing out there, but it got the job done. The lander handles like a bus, but I wanted a wide stance for landing as my other attempts tipped over a lot. :)

Ah, you can still have a small, wide lander. One small fuel tank, three radially attached, two standard lander legs attached to each for stability. One engine under each fuel tank. Maneuverable and easy to land :)

Has enough thrust for you to attach a second tank to the main stack and usually an ASAS as well as an RCS tank or two.

Actually, looking at it, it\'s not that big. It looks big due to the half-size stock parts he uses as radial tanks. Look at the core, and you\'ll see a capsule, ASAS, FLT-500 tank and novapunch 1m lander engine.

That said, nice work!

Ahh! Epic optical illusion!

Wow, it actually is quite small. It sure looks HUGE at first sight tho xD

Unfortunately, that\'s what she said. ;P

Yeah, it\'s pretty small, but it handles like a 747. My first launch proved that I needed a LOT more RCS tanks as it\'s heavily dependent on them. I think that now that I know what I\'m doing I could probably ditch some fuel to keep it lighter. I\'ve created a new ship for Minimus...it\'s a monster. Loads of fuel on that one, more than I need! However, the only time you have too much fuel is when you\'re on fire. 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.