Quicksave/Return to Space Center not working

I have a big problem with my Xbox Verison of this game, as I'm not anymore able to do a quicksave from my mission and also I'm unable to go back to the Space Center. Clicking this commands form the popup menu do nothing. Also if I finifsh the mission and landing on the planet, I'm unable to return my vessel to the Space Center or just got back to the Space Center. So I'm stuck on this mission and can't finish it. I must shutdown the game completly and reload my last working quicksave of this mission. After that I'm able to quicksave form some time, but the save gets messed ob again after some time and I'm again stuck in this mission.

Have you just docked? I docked last night to swap out a scientist for 2 engineers which ended up on my science station, I did all the nasty and docked them and was stuck just like you. I tried everything but the only thing i could do was quit out and it loaded back to the last auto save/quicksave. Which I have just re done and successfully done a blind docking at night and again the moment im docked I can't do jack.

Edit: just to note that disconnecting from my station still didn't let me save (was wondering if it was the combined ships parts hitting the limit), but my quicksave is now only a few minutes behind the dock and not while in orbit of kerbin. Looks like re fuelling is not an option, I loaded the save and aborted the dock and it seems fine, didn't need to restart the game like when nodes crash. For me atleast.

Edited by Titan696

The workabout proposed there just reloads the game to before it crashed, pretty much what I managed to do, while it does allow you to save again it doesn't save any progress, so my ships still unable to be refuelled. I gave up on trying to dock again for the 3rd time, its not easy. Im pretty sure it was the docking that screwed me here as both times it failed to save I had just completed it.  The second time I saved it on final approach and then tried just after connecting and it said no.

I tried EVA, switching ships from the map, it seemed to try something switching from the map but the focus didn't change and all the numbers in my resource window disappeared. There is definitely something bugging out

Edited by Titan696

Nah, not sure what starts it, but i Guess nothing With docking. And as described in my thread, its not a fix, but a workaround. Wait, or make an action, that makes the game "autosave", then leave as i said above.

Thing is, it might take a while for the game too autosave, unless one makes some kind of change, like sending a Sci - Message too KSC or sumthing, maybe? ....

Edited by DaCana

It has defenitivly nothing to do with docking, as I don't have this abaility yet at all. I was just orbiting Kerbal and it stopped to work at some time. After that mission I had this issue not anymore until now. Can it eventually be that there was XBL issue which caused this issue?

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.