The great kraken page!

nascarlaser1

This page is for discussing freak kraken glitches.

To start us off, I will talk about my last mun orbiter.

I was trying to test my newest shuttle into Mun's orbit. I got the Mun's orbit, did some Eva's for 5 minutes, got back in, looked at map view, and my AP was rising fast, and had already entered Kerbol's SOI. My entire shuttle was lost. Even using prograde burning only delayed the growing orbit. The crew was sent on a 1 way trip to an escape trajectory.

19 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I was trying to test my newest shuttle into Mun's orbit. I got the Mun's orbit, did some Eva's for 5 minutes, got back in, looked at map view, and my AP was rising fast, and had already entered Kerbol's SOI. My entire shuttle was lost. Even using prograde burning only delayed the growing orbit. The crew was sent on a 1 way trip to an escape trajectory.

nascarlaser1,

We were discussing designs and popularity earlier?

If you can isolate and harness that kraken drive you've inadvertently created, it will be the most popular download on the forum.

Best,
-Slashy

20 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Oh if this is reproducible this would be magnificent! any way you can upload the craft somewhere for further analysis?

1 hour ago, EladDv said:

Oh if this is reproducible this would be magnificent! any way you can upload the craft somewhere for further analysis?

My "shuttle" is a munsplorer with delta wings stuck on :P That's all there is too it. I think what happened was that I may have left my engines on the lowest possible throttle while I was Eva, which by the time I got in had gathered so much momentum from the Kerbin gravity slingshot it created that my retrograde burn was useless. If this is infact a kraken drive, then I need to learn to control it and I can go anywhere (but not land  :P.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.