Screenshot and quicksave numbering

I wish screenshots and quicksaves were numbered 0001, 0002,.... So they sorted reasonably in alphabetical lists. 

Also, use the next higher numbered screenshot rather than the first available, so they stay numbered in chronological order even if you delete some. 

Yymmdd-number would be ok too, I guess 

12 minutes ago, m_sporkboy said:

I wish screenshots and quicksaves were numbered 0001, 0002,.... So they sorted reasonably in alphabetical lists. 

Also, use the next higher numbered screenshot rather than the first available, so they stay numbered in chronological order even if you delete some. 

Yymmdd-number would be ok too, I guess 

You can try sensible screenshots it kinda does what you want. 

15 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

You could just sort by "Date modified", the date/time metadata are already there.

That isn't very reliable in Windows.  That date changes for really strange reasons.

I agree, SensibleScreenshots should be stock. Well, date stamps should be stock.  After looking at it again the mod is more complicated than stock needs to be.

Edited by Alshain

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I haven't had trouble, but you can also sort by Date Created, which should be more reliable, I guess.

Unfortunately no, any of that windows file information is unreliable.  It may work sometimes, but others it changes it just from copying it to new location.  Windows has never been really intelligent in that regard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.