A Throttle Mod

ZooNamedGames

I've recently created another install specifically for my BDA fighters. I want it to be similar in construct to Ace Combat: Shattered Skies for my PS2, and it would allow you to throttle up and down easily, so I would like it if someone could write a plugin to automatically lock throttle to 75% and when I press the (shift) throttle up button it will increase it to 100% but only as I press the button. Once released it should return to 75% throttle.

Not a coder, cool mod idea for making my BDA experience more enjoyable. Thanks for anyone who tries.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

I still have that game and I still play it... :D I thought I was the only one!

It's an amazing game :) . I tried one of the newer games and it just doesn't feel the same. Still working on buying all the aircraft oddly enough :P . Takes a LOT of playthroughs.

I've played Ace Combat: Skies of Deception on PSP and the other one on PSP. Those felt epic, to me.

AC: Assault Horizon was not that great, though. It felt like the CoD version of Ace Combat, what with a "Hurt and Heal" system. I still need to beat it, but at this rate, I am not being very amused with the helicopter combat, both as pilot and gunner.

Anyway, a mod like this would be nice. It would be nice though if it had another function, to maintain a certain speed. All too many times have I made a jet that would burn itself to pieces in flight.

2 hours ago, Core said:

I've played Ace Combat: Skies of Deception on PSP and the other one on PSP. Those felt epic, to me.

AC: Assault Horizon was not that great, though. It felt like the CoD version of Ace Combat, what with a "Hurt and Heal" system. I still need to beat it, but at this rate, I am not being very amused with the helicopter combat, both as pilot and gunner.

Anyway, a mod like this would be nice. It would be nice though if it had another function, to maintain a certain speed. All too many times have I made a jet that would burn itself to pieces in flight.

Might need to scale down engines then. If your using the whiplash engines consider downscaling to the panther engines. Allows your fighters to maintain agility to reduce overall speed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.