Need Advice - Rover Construction

Hi Guys and Gals, 

I'm building a rover to take on the monstrous gravity and severe environmental conditions of Minmus. Ok, ok, I'll be using it elsewhere as well. The concept was to have a science jr mounted on top in the center (center of mass) then attach a coupler to the top of that and detach from a landing vehicle to be designed later. There's more stuff to go on, but not until I solve this major issue. 

I made a single girder width rover, but it was too tippy, so I widened it. However, now I can't find a way to get a mount point on top near center of mass without way too many compromises.  

Any ideas welcome. 

SPH Craft File here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByOS7LT3mpnBUzJtRC1wMnRTeDg

I had a look at it. Try this:

Place a Science Jr somewhere near the CoM. It doesn't have to be spot on but somewhere near is good. Rotate it to face the right way.

Now use the "Tool Move" button in the SPH and drag the part to CoM. Hold down shift while dragging for fine tuning.

I managed to get it facing right side up, bottom flush with the bottom of the chassis, smack dab in the middle of CoM.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.