Most well behaved aircraft

run1235

just wondering what all people have as far as their most well behaved aircraft(preferrably under 4x physics warp)

this oens mine, it has less than 1m/s altitude change per second at 4x warp and less than 0.01m/s speed change using only 2 juno's at 9.5k with a fuel time of 4+hours

2182e01823b148ba9341f4757efda5b0.png

All of my recent planes instantly explode when time warping at X2...

Then again, ive recently gotten into making customized electric engines (not quite as epic as infiniglide but i do get infinite range with em) and those really hate time warp when they spin at like the maximum allowed speed for the game...

At least my "conventional" ones work fine at any time warp, thanks to strut spam (err autostruts nowadays) so even my probably best SSTO capoable normandy replica flies fine at x4, no flex, no explosions, no considerable loss in efficiency that im aware of (use x4 habitually to help deal with the excruciatingly long ascent to orbit which is like half an hour at X1).

Edited by panzer1b

I made a plane that is not necessarily well behaved or stable, but it's stability is so neutral that it can be controlled perfectly with only the vector thrust.  Does that count?

Also, is it just me or are your front wings angled?

On 9/19/2016 at 11:00 PM, run1235 said:

just wondering what all people have as far as their most well behaved aircraft(preferrably under 4x physics warp)

this oens mine, it has less than 1m/s altitude change per second at 4x warp and less than 0.01m/s speed change using only 2 juno's at 9.5k with a fuel time of 4+hours

2182e01823b148ba9341f4757efda5b0.png

Download link?

I've got a couple of examples that I found particularly easy to fly -

First is the upper-stage shuttle shown in the image below. The thing drops like a rock until the last twenty seconds of flight, when I trade velocity for lift. Flairing vehicles can sometimes be a little dramatic, but this thing's handling becomes incredibly neutral - no drifting about or unwanted pitch and yaw. Landing has never been easier.

Y9WmwN7.jpg

Next is a much lower performance aircraft I use for early career survey contracts. You can chuck it about with reckless abandon - something I don't dare do with my higher performance vehicles. It will also land anywhere; a proper rugged bushplane.

o5ktXPR.png

14 hours ago, Rath said:

I made a plane that is not necessarily well behaved or stable, but it's stability is so neutral that it can be controlled perfectly with only the vector thrust.  Does that count?

Also, is it just me or are your front wings angled?

yes, the front set of wings are angled to help with getting it off the ground at a lower speed, and i have a set of control surfaces that are manually controlled as flaps

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.