Game loading freezes on random parts

Hi guys, Im trying to get realism overhaul to work but not having much luck. I'm on a windows 10 64 bit PC and running the 64 bit KSP. I've got around 40 mods (all the RO essentials and recommendeds).

The game freezes upon trying to load random parts on startup. If I delete the offending part it simply freezes on a different one. Even after deleting every non-stock part from mods, the game froze when loading squad parts. The loading bar on the bottom of the screen always jumps to full as this happens.

Vanilla KSP from a different install directory works just fine. The modded install that's causing issues is kept in the same drive but not within steamapps.

I've read of similar issues but their solutions didn't work for me. Some things I've tried:

• Restarting computer.
  • Deleting everything in the ksp folder, re-downloading KSP and re-installing all RO mods from scratch.
  • Using smallest textures on RSS and using autopruner to greatly reduce part count
  • Checked RAM usage, never gets above 50% when loading.
  • Disabling all unused network adaptors.

Here are the last few bits and bobs from the logs

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[MessageSystem] OnAppInitialized

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.1307803 13493

Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

// this doesn't sound good, but both ksp installs are on my C drive with steam!?//

(Filename:  Line: 1010)

MiniAVC -> IssueGui was destroyed.

MiniAVC -> IssueGui was created.

MiniAVC -> IssueGui was created.

MiniAVC -> ToolTipGui was created.

MiniAVC -> Starter was destroyed.

InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
  at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Steamworks.SteamController.Shutdown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[UIApp] OnDestroy: MessageSystem

MiniAVC -> ToolTipGui was destroyed.

MiniAVC -> ToolTipGui was destroyed.

Please help me oh wise forummers! I have been tantalised by the RSS screenies of others and I want more of my own!

Hey, I'm not one of the forumguru's, but maybe I know something. Do you already force your game to start in DX11 mode or open-gl?

Personally I'm more a fan of de Dx11, it reduces your memory use thereby your change of crashing. 

Before I used Dx11 or opengl I had this issue too. Even with opengl somethings, since I play KSP in Dx11 mode, I never had a crash, it just doesn't crash when it has to load long. And when playing RSS/RO, sometimes you just have to wait for a while :) 

Gave it a shot but no luck. Crashing isn't an issue at the moment, the game will stay stuck on the loading screen for an hour (or more, haven't got it to sucessfully load at all yet) but not actually crash or give any kind of 'not responding' warning from windows

Hmm strange, looks like it's broken. 

Try to reinstall everthing and do many test runs in the proces. 

So when you've installed Real Solar System, test run. When installed Realism Overhaul, test run. Etc. etc. 

I think there's something messed up while installing the mods. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.