Geez (Passing Out From)

EliasDanger

On 13/10/2016 at 0:02 PM, Aragosnat said:

If flying at Kerbin. Build a plane.

Tried that, didn't work. That may have something to do with my inexperience in building planes.

Now I use a mk2 command pod riding some Hammers  up and 9 chutes and a flea to stop just before hitting the ground when it come back down.

On 13/10/2016 at 0:02 PM, Aragosnat said:

Sub-orbital or space x as part of contract. Just build a rocket with a lot of SAS and thrusters and have fun spinning with engines on..

Nine Hammers ignited and flown in a straight line after going straight up. The only problem I had was that I went out of LOS of the DSN the first time.

Haven't done orbital one yet.

8 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden deceleration that does you in.

I.e.  The high G Forces we're looking for.

The contract only states they have to black out, right?  Not that they have to wake up?

Edited by Kyrt Malthorn

4 hours ago, Kyrt Malthorn said:

I.e.  The high G Forces we're looking for.

The contract only states they have to black out, right?  Not that they have to wake up?

They paid good money to black out.

Now the contract's done and paid for, but mission control is on the clock.

So as a special treat, they get to keep the probe core as a memento. Full possession, ownership and control as of... about now I guess.

On 10/12/2016 at 4:09 PM, EliasDanger said:

This would be easier if I could just cut their oxygen on ascent until they pass out. They wouldn't know the difference.

alternatively you could pipe nitrogen in.  if you didnt want them to ever wake up, there's always carbon monoxide too

On 10/14/2016 at 9:21 PM, Aragosnat said:

Actually it does... It gives you speed which you need to decrease with thrusters while keeping your orbit.

No... there is zero need to " Get a near Kerbin Exit, go to Ap  then lower the Pe to 73 km or so then wait till you are at the Pe to slam on the breaks! "

Just start from LKO, fire the engines until they pass out. At Apoapsis, lower the pEto aerobrake back down for a landing.

This uses significantly less dV and is much faster than going to a near kerbin escape (~900 m/s and several day orbit time).

Its just "dV needed to pass out" + ~20 m/s to aerobrake, compared to your suggestion of ~900 m/s + "dV needed to pass out" + ~20 m/s to aerobrake.

On 10/12/2016 at 3:06 PM, TheKosanianMethod said:

And add struts so you don't destroy your plane. For some reason, wingless planes don't fly.:rolleyes:

Oh, they fly. They just cease flying when they cease missing the ground.

3 hours ago, flatbear said:

alternatively you could pipe nitrogen in.  if you didnt want them to ever wake up, there's always carbon monoxide too

Viva la narcosis!  A little vascular bubbly for your flight, sir?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.