Brand new computer...let's try Kerbal Space ProWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

NorthernDevo

Thanks for your responses friends; I've taken your suggestions to heart. WOW but KSP looks good with a few graphics mods added; though it has suddenly developed a few bugs after installation...I can live with it.

I'm currently building a Minmus rover with 8 science storage units (I can't remember the exact name right now) and enough electrical storage/gathering to keep me going on the Mint Frosted Moon indefinitely. KSP runs so fast now that I actually had trouble doing something I've done hundreds of times: landing on the Mun. It's easy in slow-motion; in real time it's a bit more challenging. Nice! :D

A normal run to Minmus with a standard lander carrying every available science tool and 2 storage containers generally nets me around 2000 Sc points; I'm interested to see how a Munar lander with 8 (and 5 unexplored biomes) will  fare. :wink:

Cheers!

On 16/10/2016 at 4:05 AM, NorthernDevo said:

I'll be honest - I'm not joking when I say I can't relate the specs of this new computer; I have mental issues and cannot easily describe such details. But where technical ability fails pattern recognition remains and I can easily find it on Best Buy's website; I simply have no idea what the specs listed mean. It's this one:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-slc9840-pc-intel-i7-6800k-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-32gb-ram-win-10-english-slc9840/10481223.aspx?path=54f64918d09948b884f0138743229493en02

WOW!!! NOW THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL A PC!!!

It still cost more than 2000 pounds in the UK COOL RIG!!!:cool:

did they recommend that computer to you? and do you do more than game on the computer? or is it just for gaming.

Also download gpu-z and see if you have a 1060 or a 1080, because they are 400 dollars different in price, and very different in capabilities.  Thanks !

12 hours ago, Gamax19 said:

WOW!!! NOW THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL A PC!!!

It still cost more than 2000 pounds in the UK COOL RIG!!!:cool:

I'm seeing it as 2200 CDN.  That should be like... 1200 to 1400 pounds?

On 10/17/2016 at 1:39 PM, tjt said:

Macs can be great for gaming, but you just have to buy the right machine. Just like you can't expect a Toshiba Protege laptop to run KSP well, you can't really expect a macbook Air to run it well.

..or a Mini, or a Macbook normal, or a Macbook pro, or the iMac.  They're all specced like 'business' PC desktops - ie small and low wattage.  It's really only the Mac Pro that's well-built in terms of power.   I can understand why they've done it - the vast majority of the userspace doesn't need a 1080GTX or 32G of RAM or nine SATA3 ports, etc, and a low-airflow Mini is a lot lower maintenance than my CoolerMaster HAF932-based system.  And lighter too. And less juice to run.  But it doesn't make 'em gaming rigs...only the Mac Pro is.

That being said, if I had unlimited (or at least 'vast amounts of') money, I'd definitely have a current-gen Mac Pro for my iOS work.  This "Late 2009" mini3,1* is driving me nuts and it just got cut off from Sierra.

(* Why can't they have EXTERIOR model numbers?  Why can't anybody be sensible with model numbers/designations anymore?  Oh well, that's a different rant)

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, NorthernDevo said:

Third - are there any mods that change the rather weak (IMO) re-entry effects? It looks good now but riding down in a Mk-1 inside a cone of fire would be thrillin'.

Try Re-entry Particle Effect:

On 10/16/2016 at 1:49 AM, regex said:

Get RO/RSS with RVE +Scatterer. Anything less is cheating yourself, Kerbin simply lacks the majesty of a full-size planet.

KUK7ik2.jpg

......*thunk* sorry j-just let me pick my jaw up off the floor real fast

Edited by Tidus Klein

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.