KSP Hard Crash

So I'm running the new release (v1.2), Win 64, a science game with a few mods (MM, KAC, SCANsat, and Chatterer). I'm in the VAB building a ship, go to place a science experiment on the vessel (a thermometer), and KSP stops responding. It spits out an error message 'KSP Stopped Responding blah blah blah' or something to that effect... then the screen goes white, and then BSOD. Hard crash. First time I've seen one of those in ages. A brief message was thrown up by Win BSOD before all went black, something about not being able to handle a system exception, and then it rebooted - took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to come back.

Back in, I see no crash logs for KSP, and, of course, the Windows memory dump file (from the crash) is useless.

The last entry in the output_log file...

sensorBarometer added to ship - part count: 36

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Now to see what damage was done to my game in progress. :mellow:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.