Found a bug!

CMH

Guys, I found a bug in the game.

I was trying to land on Kerbol, and every time I get close to land my rocket keeps exploding.

I know its supposed to be the sun, and its hot and all, which I totally forgot the first few times I tried. But then I waited until its night time so that it's cooler, but its still as bright as ever. I tried this for a couple of nights in a row and my craft still keeps exploding for no reason at all. Now I'm going to try one more time tomorrow night.

If it doesn't work I'm going to scream at someone.

From the wiki and I think this is right but not positive

Landing

It's impossible to land on the Sun, even with "Ignore max temperature" cheats enabled. Any objects are destroyed at an altitude below -250 m, which shows in the end flight dialog as "crashed into the surface of the sun" or similar, rather than ever landing.

One can attempt to place edited parts on the surface, but they bounce erratically at a few hundred to a few thousand meters per second if they do not explode.

1 minute ago, CMH said:

I tried again. Still doesn't work.

Gonna ask for refund.

p.s. Kevin doesn't understand this post.

Are you alligned with Kerbin when landing? It's not night everywhere on the sun, just at the part that is visible from Kerbin.

Wait until a solar eclipse, so the mun blocks the light coming from Kerbin. Then it should be cool enough. Have you been using parachutes? I would highly recommend, because the atmosphere is very thin on kerbol, so your parachutes should work. I also realized, that the black spots on kerbol are great spots for landing, as you can find a ton of ores there, and also a couple of eastereggs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wish you good luck m9!

*psst*

Spoiler

Just join in the fun.

20 minutes ago, Karol van Kermin said:

Wait until a solar eclipse, so the mun blocks the light coming from Kerbin. Then it should be cool enough. Have you been using parachutes? I would highly recommend, because the atmosphere is very thin on kerbol, so your parachutes should work. I also realized, that the black spots on kerbol are great spots for landing, as you can find a ton of ores there, and also a couple of eastereggs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wish you good luck m9!

Solar eclipse! That must be the trick!

And easter eggs? Its almost Xmas, why are we talking Easter already?

I got close and had a good look at the times when there's a kerbol eclipse, and during a blue moon.

I think I saw smurfs down there. Not 100% sure. Will need to be able to zoom harder.

Will update with details.

7 hours ago, CMH said:

I got close and had a good look at the times when there's a kerbol eclipse, and during a blue moon.

I think I saw smurfs down there. Not 100% sure. Will need to be able to zoom harder.

Will update with details.

I managed to land on kerbol today. I was using 32 (33 im not quite sure) Ion thrusters and 3 parachutes. These dudes arent smurfs. I managed to take a closer look at them and they were also so nice to allow me using their launchpad (which is much better than that one at KSC). Nvm. do you know the song Im Blue? This is the species of monsters they are. If you dont know this song, its pretty mlg, and I would highly recommend to watch it. This is actually a clip from my attempt landing on kerbol (I cut out the kerbol landing, because my cam suddenly stopped):

Edited by Karol van Kermin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.