[1.2] Missing Parachutes

So, i've just started playing 1.2 and I was trying to make the schiaparelli lander. But the stock parachutes have disappeared... It's in sandbox mode, with a few mods installed but not that many that have anything to do with parachutes (Real Chute, SDHI). Any of the parachutes that do appear in the hangar don't have the ability to deploy their parachutes. Is there anything that could be causing this?

Edited by chlbutterworth

I can confirm parachutes are still present and work well on my side. They should be in the utility tab.

When you say:

Any of the parachutes that do appear in the hangar don't have the ability to deploy their parachutes.

Do you mean that you can't open a parachute in the VAB or in flight? I have no idea what could be the cause of this. But I'm sure that you'll need to provide a complete mod list (with their version) and the necessary logs.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have the same problem.
1.2.1 with approximately a lot of mods. I threw out Real Chutes, suspecting it might be the culprit. It was not.

What I see (or don't see):
eoV17lo.png
nQIaEY0.png

Some parachutes, like the good old Mk16 here, nuffin. No settings for deployment, no action groups.
For a few others, there is an action group - but not parachute deployment. Only the decouple action.
A third group appears to be fit and healthy. These are also the only ones that'll show up for staging on the right.

I've just noticed that this third group is chutes by Tantares.
So I've pulled Tantares and Tantares LV from my Gamedata folder and restarted the game. I then had lunch and, once the game was back up, I found that that wasn't it.

Edited by DerGolgo
Forgot to mention staging.

Solved it.

In case anyone else still has this problem, I have it no more.
I updated a bunch of mods today, I removed some from GameData entirely.
Since things like the "deploy" action and deployment settings have returned for a bunch of chutes that I know I cursed hadn't been working only yesterday, it stands to reason one of the mods I took out was either blocking, or one of the mods I updated had done that and the update fixed it.
Dunno what did it, but maybe somebody else will find this helpful.

Mods I updated today, and the version I updated to:
Correct CoL V 1.4.4
Editor Extensions Redux V 3.3.10
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement V 3.3.1
Ubio Welding Continued V 2.4.4

Mods I removed from GameData:
DMagic Module Science Animate
Ferram Aerospace Research ("FAR")
MechJeb 2
Nav Hud

Repo Soft Tech Ion RCS and RST Utils
Station Cunstructs
Umbra Space Industries Kolonization and Warp Drive
Wild Blue Industries Airships and Wild Blue Tools

I also installed Kramax Autopilot Continued V 0.3.2.1, though I wouldn't expect this to fix something another Mod I've got broke. Make up your own mind as to which one you consider the likely culprit. I can't check it out right now, restarting KSP takes me about 15 minutes minimum (which is why I removed a bunch of mods today to begin with).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.