I think part balancing needs a serious overhaul

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

While I agree with this in theory, I am hard pressed to find a reason ANYBODY would call the mk2 lander can - which weighs more than 2 mk1 lander cans - balanced. It's not realistic, and it's not good gameplay. There is *0* reason to use the Mk2 lander can except aesthetics, and ... well ... I don't see many people choosing the Mk2 lander can for its looks.

: me raises hand :

I use the Mk 2 lander can quite a lot, for the probe control point, stronger reaction wheels, and better form factor. Building a skycrane capable of recovering a rover based on the Mk 1 can gets pretty fiddly, you have to build a strut structure that ends up weighing close to the same, and you won't be able to RC the rover.

Whole the balancing is ridiculous. The durable aircraft fuselages has better wet/dry mass ratio than the fragile rocket tanks? The small tanks (RCSs, Round-8 and Oscar B) insanely heavy, seriously annoying when building a light re-docking probe!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.