1.2 crashing X-Server

I think this issue exists since 1.2. I am running Fedora 23 fairly vanilla with a Radeon R9-270 using the open source drivers. I have a AMD Phenom CPU (I've read, there are some issues bot nothing specific). When I try to run KSP or the Launcher, the gnome-shell immediately crashes and ssh-ing into my computer, I can't even restart the gnome-shell because it crashes again immediately. I can still kill KSP/the launcher and normal functionality resumes for about 15 to 30 seconds, when the X-Server abruptly crashes.

I've not seen issues with other unity games, especially not in that fashion.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

@steve_v yeah, that seems to be it. Sadly, since I am running a dual-head setup, full-screen is usually borked so no way to play KSP for me. There wasn't even a link to any issue tracked by unity.

I am not even angry, I am just disappointed.

13 minutes ago, maweki said:

Sadly, since I am running a dual-head setup, full-screen is usually borked so no way to play KSP for me.

What about launching KSP in its own Xserver?

Should dodge multi-head/fullscreen issues, and/or let you run a WM that can deal with Unitys misbehaviour without crashing.

Note that, IME anyway, launching KSP without a WM (as suggested on Arch wiki) will likely result in no mouse focus... install some other window manager to use here.

Edited by steve_v
Add findings re. mouse focus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.