decoupler does not separate crafts

Encountered a problem I've never seen before - I stage a decoupler, it fires & starts to float away as expected - but the vessel does not split in half. I can still transfer fuel between little tank under the pod and the large tanks on the stations, they are still one craft. Screenshot below. Running un-modded 1.2 build 01586.

2Hmmkq8Jfe3sdYIv0UWTHI61VMEG269YmazRRb6c

Any ideas on what could cause this, and/or any ideas how I might work around the immediate problem?

28 minutes ago, Speadge said:

perhaps u attached it to the "wrong" internal node of the fairing?

happened to me before

Uhh.

GD74mBI6wrx1p0oMiE-mlWYo6TwMVbl0bPycdi7s

Played with it a little in vab, certainly looks like it... I'm guessing the decoupler is on the "bottom" side of one of those nodes.

So... Any workaround ideas? Apart from a rescue mission. My first idea was to try to blow up the whole fairing part with whack a kerbal but that doesn't seem to work either, at least if mmb was supposed to throw something once it's turned on in cheat menu :(

there is a mod, called "kaboom" - it lets u basically blow up any part u wish to.

sounds kinda cheaty, but sometimes lets u deal with some bugs or common mistakes :D

edit: for the lazy ones:

Edited by Speadge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.